Compression/leakdown test

modena35

I just had a compression/leakdown test performed on an 08 lp640 that I seem to be buying ;0....any opinions on how this attached report looks?

I'm not familiar with the numbers and my local lambo dealer's tech is out of town right now

scan0001.jpg

Guest Moss
I just had a compression/leakdown test performed on an 08 lp640 that I seem to be buying ;0....any opinions on how this attached report looks?

I'm not familiar with the numbers and my local lambo dealer's tech is out of town right now

Looks great. Those are nice numbers with 8% being your worst and the cylinder static cranking pressure not varying more than 5lbs. Its a keeper, grab it!

Looks great. Those are nice numbers with 8% being your worst and the cylinder static cranking pressure not varying more than 5lbs. Its a keeper, grab it!

That's what i was thinking. Good consistency, no big variances, so looked good to me.

Guest Moss
That's what i was thinking. Good consistency, no big variances, so looked good to me.

You got it Bro! We were looking for a big dip in numbers. His numbers are actually very good.

You got it Bro! We were looking for a big dip in numbers. His numbers are actually very good.

Yeah, if that 8% was higher and paired with a 120 or less I would probably ask more questions, but it's a dark art i'm slowly picking up.

Guest Moss
Yeah, if that 8% was higher and paired with a 120 or less I would probably ask more questions, but it's a dark art i'm slowly picking up.

The trick is actually doing the leakdown test correctly and they happens about 75 percent of the time. Engine at operating temp and cylinder

being checked at true top dead center or TDC. I have never seen anything but good results from the Lambo V12 on a good test.