Superleggera choices ?

LamboNutter

That is awesome! If I were 6'8 I would probably base the purchase entirely on which is most comfortable to drive. All the cars we are talking about are awesome, so I would test drive each. Best of luck!

then i would be driving a Merc CL 65 only :(

for me its about the fun, the emotion, the experience, and then i just gotta find a way of squeezing my body, yoga style, into the chosen car.

eitherway, u are right, test drive, and see which one is most enjoyable. i'm going to try and testdrive an mkt1 SL this week.

The 430 Scuds are sick but it is no Lambo.

exactly !!!!

then i would be driving a Merc CL 65 only :(

for me its about the fun, the emotion, the experience, and then i just gotta find a way of squeezing my body, yoga style, into the chosen car.

eitherway, u are right, test drive, and see which one is most enjoyable. i'm going to try and testdrive an mkt1 SL this week.

exactly !!!!

You're the man! In that case, get a SL or a 570SL! :icon_thumleft:

As the comparison of a Challenge Stradale vs. an Scuderia I think that the first generation of Superleggera's would hold value better than the new ones as for multiple reasons, limited number of units, not as much influence of Audi in them yet it is a given than newer car with better technologies perform much better again Challenge Stradale vs. Scuderia or Superleggera's 1st vs. 2nd generation.

If not then how is that a clean 1st gen SL is in the $170k when you can get a 2nd gen in the mid $180'sk?

I'm 6'2" and my head won't clear the headliner with a helmet on unless I change the seats...

Dont know where you are seeing clean 1st gen Supergs selling in the 170s... More soo in the 140s..

Dont know where you are seeing clean 1st gen Supergs selling in the 170s... More soo in the 140s..

Agreed. I dug into the numbers a few months ago when one of the members here was looking to pick one up. They seem to be 140-150s. The good news is they were going for 150 almost 2 years ago when DoctaM3 sent his off to be TT'd. Not too much of a change since then.

That is awesome! If I were 6'8 I would probably base the purchase entirely on which is most comfortable to drive. All the cars we are talking about are awesome, so I would test drive each. Best of luck!

I'm 6'2" and my Superleggera seats don't exactly fit for me. I'm about 2 inches too tall - I'm either slouching or contorting. But I still love this beast.

Agreed. I dug into the numbers a few months ago when one of the members here was looking to pick one up. They seem to be 140-150s. The good news is they were going for 150 almost 2 years ago when DoctaM3 sent his off to be TT'd. Not too much of a change since then.

Shopped extensively before I bought mine.

Less than 5K on it are going to be 150-160 depending on color and condition.

Yellow and black a little less, orange a little more and white the most of all.

Shopped extensively before I bought mine.

Less than 5K on it are going to be 150-160 depending on color and condition.

Yellow and black a little less, orange a little more and white the most of all.

If you get into those prices.. I know you can buy 2011 Supergs with low miles in the 185-190K range which inmo is the better way to go.

If you get into those prices.. I know you can buy 2011 Supergs with low miles in the 185-190K range which inmo is the better way to go.

Agreed, but thats a pretty big jump.

Like others have stated:

2008:

Feels more raw and unrefined

E-gear can feel clunky at times

Better sounding exhaust note than the 570

2011+:

Feels like a more complete car

E-gear is more concise

If you have the choice I would go with the 570 SL

Either way, at 6'8", not going to be an easy task. Good luck with your search.

As the comparison of a Challenge Stradale vs. an Scuderia I think that the first generation of Superleggera's would hold value better than the new ones as for multiple reasons, limited number of units, not as much influence of Audi in them yet it is a given than newer car with better technologies perform much better again Challenge Stradale vs. Scuderia or Superleggera's 1st vs. 2nd generation.

If not then how is that a clean 1st gen SL is in the $170k when you can get a 2nd gen in the mid $180'sk?

I'm 6'2" and my head won't clear the headliner with a helmet on unless I change the seats...

$140k - $150k = 10k to 20k miles

$160k - $170k = 5k or less miles

^This, I'd go with '11 superG if that's an option. However I'd choose Scud over standard G car. Also, if you're 6" + tall you'll appreciate the additional space in the F car interior.

Like others have stated:

2008:

Feels more raw and unrefined

E-gear can feel clunky at times

Better sounding exhaust note than the 570

2011+:

Feels like a more complete car

E-gear is more concise

If you have the choice I would go with the 570 SL

Either way, at 6'8", not going to be an easy task. Good luck with your search.

Perfect description, down to the factory exhaust sound, the SL sounds a lot better, but nothing a Capristo wouldn't fix