06 Gallardo E gear malfunction

Benman84

Hey guys a buddy of mine has a 2006 Gallardo Spyder. We recently changed out the battery bc the factory battery was toast. After changing out the battery an egear malfunction light came on the dash. I can hear the egear pump priming when opening the door or putting the key in the ignition. Also car can go into reverse, neutral, 1st, and 2nd gear only. The car will spin over when trying to crank but will never fire up. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem after changing a battery. I made sure all connections at the battery were tight and check the voltage. Everything seemed good. I hope we can figure this out b/c the closest dealer is 6 hours away! Thanks

Whats the battery's cca and what is the voltage on it now?

CCA was 790 I believe and voltage was about 12.6 when tried to crank. The battery was an interstate battery that my buddy bought to replace the stock battery

If voltage is 12.6, then car should start. You should double check w a multi meter. Low voltage affects egear and since car isn't starting, I think you may have a low battery still.

If voltage is 12.6, then car should start. You should double check w a multi meter. Low voltage affects egear and since car isn't starting, I think you may have a low battery still.

Put a brand new battery in the car (Interstate MTP-91) and car will still not crank. Every light comes on, can go into reverse and through the gears. E-gear malfunction light stil comes on though and car will spin over but will not fire up. WTH???????

• 1 year later...
Put a brand new battery in the car (Interstate MTP-91) and car will still not crank. Every light comes on, can go into reverse and through the gears. E-gear malfunction light stil comes on though and car will spin over but will not fire up. WTH???????

have you fixed the problem?

My one got the same issue after flat battery

My car had the same issue. You should find a Lara/Ldas scanner at a nearest dealership or an independent service company to clean that malfunction that is recorded in car's data-log. Do not waste time of fix a problem without The Lara/Ldas system. My 2c.

• 4 weeks later...

E-gear system doesn't like low voltage. Make sure you battery level is high. Also have your mechanic check the actuator. If the actuator doesn't have enough pressure, it won't shift.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Aloha

I have had my 06 G for a year now and changed the battery twice. I have found out that your codes can be wiped after battery replacement. Mine did the malfunction light and wouldn't stay in reverse. After my friends at lambo reset all the codes it works perfectly. Hope this helps

I had the same thing happen this past summer to my O7G; battery went dead, replaced it and the car went into limp mode; meaning it would start, but only go into R, 1st & 2nd. I had my local shop reset the fault codes and now not an issue.

I had the same thing happen this past summer to my O7G; battery went dead, replaced it and the car went into limp mode; meaning it would start, but only go into R, 1st & 2nd. I had my local shop reset the fault codes and now not an issue.

Good to hear it. Enjoy your car.