Murci Battery Replacement

AgentUtah

I've been slacking on keeping my battery charged, and now it's time for a new one.

Does anyone know where I can buy one online? And the best type to get?

2002 Murci

Thanks

If you want a regular lead acid battery, i would look at Die Hard Gold. CCA an reserve power are two ratings to look for, aside from a 2-3 year replacement warranty.

Some use red top battery. Not sure if it's really beneficial. One thing for sure, it's a PITA to fit and secure them.

There are quite a few other posts on the Murci group about batteries.. I would still recommend a yellow cap optima. Most guys go with the interstate. Both are very good batteries.

I have had lousy results with redtops in the last 3 years or so--i was told they moved manufacturing out of country--?? my son has gone thru a couple also--i'm currently running a lithium battery--we will see--keep battery tender on it -wouldn't have bought but got from someone who no longer needed/wanted it

• 2 weeks later...
Interstate MTP-91, had it in my Murcie for a year, works great.

Just an fyi, this is a 'good' fit, but its not a perfect fit, IF you use the actual 'sliding tray' that comes with the car, then the mtp-91 will not fit on the tray, UNLESS you use a belt sander on the excess on the bottom of the battery. So if you are going to do this yourself, be prepare for a litle modification, if you are having someone else do it, make sure they dont leave off parts just to make it fit and not tell you that. I do all my own work on my Murci, as its a matter of pride of ownership, so when I talk about something, its becuase I did it, not because someone told me about it.

Jon

Just an fyi, this is a 'good' fit, but its not a perfect fit, IF you use the actual 'sliding tray' that comes with the car, then the mtp-91 will not fit on the tray, UNLESS you use a belt sander on the excess on the bottom of the battery. So if you are going to do this yourself, be prepare for a litle modification, if you are having someone else do it, make sure they dont leave off parts just to make it fit and not tell you that. I do all my own work on my Murci, as its a matter of pride of ownership, so when I talk about something, its becuase I did it, not because someone told me about it.

Jon

Also if you are going to use the factory 'tie down' strap, you definitely are going to have to do some dremeling of the excessive plastic on the battery. I feel a lot better knowing I did my own battery as there were a LOT of opportunities to cut corners and been like 'well its good enough' but I made sure my setup was perfect... not fun.. but glad It spent the time to do it right.

• 2 weeks later...

JonV, wow I forgot about that extra plastic along the bottom.. that was a pain!

I reco the Sears Diehard Platinum.. best battery I have experienced so far.

JonV, wow I forgot about that extra plastic along the bottom.. that was a pain!

I reco the Sears Diehard Platinum.. best battery I have experienced so far.

Thanks, for a while, I was like WHY isnt anyone talking about that, did anyone actually do the battery themselves :).

Yeah, I mean its not like rocket science or anything, anyone doing it will see it, but be prepared to remove the extreneous exta plastic at the very bottom of the battery, its got nothing to do with the 'walls' that actually hold in the liquid, its basically the 'feet' of the battery that arent needed in our configuration.

Thanks again Andrew, wanted to make sure I wasnt crazy with all this 'perfect fit' stuff everyone kept saying, and yet I had to modify mine to get it to fit. :)