whats the clutch min wear on 06 murci?

sabortooth

i was told clutch is at 5.1 wear whats the starting point and when its getting close to possibly replace?

thanks

Factory spec for clutch is 7.6mm. Murci normally will start to slip before it gets to that point around 7.0-7.5.

Gallardo is 5.6mm but will normally go past that before it starts to slip.

It starts at 0.1mm or so.

Factory spec for clutch is 7.6mm. Murci normally will start to slip before it gets to that point around 7.0-7.5.

Gallardo is 5.6mm but will normally go past that before it starts to slip.

It starts at 0.1mm or so.

thanks jeff

• 6 months later...

I'm so glad I found this thread. The local dealer told me that the max clutch wear on a 06 Murci is 5mm (about 20% per mm). Can anyone else reconfirm this 7.6mm?

Lamborghinisti,

I'm so glad I found this thread. The local dealer told me that the max clutch wear on a 06 Murci is 5mm (about 20% per mm). Can anyone else reconfirm this 7.6mm?

Jefflambo is a lambo tech. It doesn't get more official than him.

Shamile

Lamborghinisti,

Jefflambo is a lambo tech. It doesn't get more official than him.

Shamile

:iamwithstupid: You can always count on his word being the gospel, has helped me out countless times.

To clarify, the Lambo tech told me that the pad is in fact a total thickness of 7.6mm, however, the rivots?? on the clutch disc pad sit lower than the full amount of pad such that at the 5-5.6mm area is were these rivots will start to grind on the flywheel and cause slippage. Can anyone confirm if this is BS?

To clarify, the Lambo tech told me that the pad is in fact a total thickness of 7.6mm, however, the rivots?? on the clutch disk pad sit lower than the full amount of pad such that at the 5-5.6mm area is were these rivets will start to grind on the flywheel and cause slippage. Can anyone confirm if this is BS?

I have replaced so many clutches I can not count them. A Murci will slip and even stop driving before the rivets grind on the flywheel or pressure plate. I had to push cars in and rivets still are not grinding. Even if they do grind who cares as the clutch assembly should be replaced any ways.

I normally recommend to drive until you feel slippage then replace clutch assembly. Lamborghini recommends to replace the clutch assembly (flywheel and pressure plate)

and a new clutch disk. I agree with there recommendation. If the engine is coming out for a different job and miles are low and flywheel/pressure plate look good (have not been to hot) then I would install just a new clutch disk.

If wear is at upper end and you have a long trip planed then it maybe good idea to replace clutch. When clutch starts to slip the car can still be driven easy to get back home or to where it will be replaced. They just don't stop on the spot when they first start to slip. This might not be as true if you live in area with a lot of step hills.

• 3 weeks later...