never give up

Albert-LP

When you will be here for 50 th, i will be honored to show you my old scrap: but forget any idea about driving it... :)

ciao

Thanks! Getting to see your countach in person will be a great event to me! I look forward to meeting you and your car, Albert!

Thanks, Mike: that sometimes drives me crazy.

ciao

Years ago when I owned a 1980 Maserati Quattroporte, I was having a problem that was driving me crazy! Same sort of thing as your Countach! I could drive the car fine for about 10 miles, then it would slow down and nearly stall. I rebuilt all (4) of the Weber 42DCNF carbs, replaced the fuel filters, etc. But it would still do it!! I finally gave up and towed the car to my local Maserati dealer. They had the same problem! They looked and looked and looked and FINALLY found the issue!!! Both fuel pumps (the primary and back-up) would work fine until they got warm, then for some reason the voltage would cut in 1/2, thereby providing about 1/2 the amount of fuel the car needed to run! They replaced both pumps and problem solved!

It was nearly impossible to see the problem when the car was idling, plenty of fuel was being delivered and you could see it going through the glass filter bowl. It was only when the car was running at speed that the problem occurred!

Mike

fuel.JPG

As with a lot of my hobbies there are times when they consume every minute of my day then others when they fall off the map for months. Your posts are always an inspiration Albert. Thank you. It's time to go into the barn and hug my baby. I think I'll wax her today. She thanks you too!

Larry

Thank you Larry, thank you Mike, thank you all. It's always a pleasure to share experiences and opinions about such wonderful old cars with other owners and enthusiast that appreciate them even if sometimes they give some headache. And then sometimes sharing some problems helps to overcome them.

ciao