5000S ignition upgrade

Albert-LP

i would like to upgrade my car ignition system, as i saw that every time you take out old devices and replace them with contemporary devices (like fuel pumps), car works by far better...

I remember many of you suggested me to change ignition box and spark plug cables/distributor cap: what are the best? which would you recomend me to use? i do not know anything about them, i just know oem parts.

Countach.ch has some ignition box: does anyone here use them? i remember also another name, may be MSD?

Thank you very much

ciao

Raymond's box (countach.ch) is a reworcked MSD from what i know

i have been told it worcks great and the car performs better

the guy makes them since years i remember

i would try that one

Raymond's box (countach.ch) is a reworcked MSD from what i know

i have been told it worcks great and the car performs better

the guy makes them since years i remember

i would try that one

Thanks, Emilio: i already asked to Raymond a price one year ago: i will ask it again.

what about the MSD Spark plug wires? i will ask Raymond if has them too, even if already asked to MSD in Texas for them.

Is MSD the only producer of reinforced spark plug wires for Countach?

thanks

ciao

Thanks, Emilio: i already asked to Raymond a price one year ago: i will ask it again.

what about the MSD Spark plug wires? i will ask Raymond if has them too, even if already asked to MSD in Texas for them.

Is MSD the only producer of reinforced spark plug wires for Countach?

thanks

ciao

the good old Giancarlo sell cables that are identical to the original ones on the exterior but with larger internals

i have them on my countach

the good old Giancarlo sell cables that are identical to the original ones on the exterior but with larger internals

ok, thanks

ciao

I have the MSD on mine, plug wires etc.. George Evans also makes the box.. You have to make sure you use the proper coil.

I have the MSD on mine, plug wires etc.. George Evans also makes the box.. You have to make sure you use the proper coil.

thanks, Allan. I ordered Raymond a full box. Maybe you were right with those cars: some new things can help. What is that coil issue? Ciao

There isn't a coil issue. Use the MSD Blaster coil. If you use the oil filled blaster coil, do not mount it horizontally. Mount it vertically. Mine was and after several years of use it started leaking out oil. I switched to another Blaster coil ( part number 121-8207 in Jegs.com catalog, cost about $45 US). Works fine.

FWIW, I do not really want to lose my OEM setup. I am going to try the Pertronix coils and their points replacment that hides under the caps. Still retaining the look.

Giancarla?? If you have contact details, please send me a PM.

Jonathan (UK)