QUestion about VT RWD conversion

rollingzep

Hey guys I am going to convert my 94 VT to RWD and have a question for you guys. I have heard that the AWD is splits power 80/20. Now when I take off front differential will i get full 100% power to the rear or am i still losing the power that goes to the front? Just curious. Thanks

Hey guys I am going to convert my 94 VT to RWD and have a question for you guys. I have heard that the AWD is splits power 80/20. Now when I take off front differential will i get full 100% power to the rear or am i still losing the power that goes to the front? Just curious. Thanks

You will have 100% power to the rear, and you will love it! Also makes the car close to 100 pounds lighter.

You will have 100% power to the rear, and you will love it! Also makes the car close to 100 pounds lighter.

Provided he takes out the diff and all components. I've heard some people just disconnect the drive-shaft and cap off.

Provided he takes out the diff and all components. I've heard some people just disconnect the drive-shaft and cap off.

No I will be taking the whole front diff plus axles out as well. Bought the SV stub for front hub

Only sends power to front when front, rear speeds are different. ( rear wheel spin ) then

heats up viscous couple and grabs. Sending power to front. With disconnect no speed difference.

Not 100. Exactly 60 pounds - trust me.

Not 100. Exactly 60 pounds - trust me.

Trust me, I have done 3 of my Diablo's. All the components I removed weigh exactly 89 pounds.

Trust me, I have done 3 of my Diablo's. All the components I removed weigh exactly 89 pounds.

I'm surprised it's that low, I swear all my parts weighed over 100 lbs.

PS when you do the conversion you might wanna check your ride height before and after removal. I lowered mine back down to original specs as it went up by 1/2 inch.

New_I_phone_pics_150.JPG

I'm surprised it's that low, I swear all my parts weighed over 100 lbs.

PS when you do the conversion you might wanna check your ride height before and after removal. I lowered mine back down to original specs as it went up by 1/2 inch.

Yes, by removing it the way you have, with the diff bracket and the half shafts with the joints on the ends...I am sure its over 100 Lbs.

I left the large bracket on the differential bolted in the frame. I thought it might help support the frame.