2004 Gallardo

namtab69

Hey guys this is my first post in lambo power. I am currently looking to purchase my first lambo. I found a 2004 Gallardo - 6 speed, with 56k km on it. It's a really good deal, i can pick it up for $86k. I just want to know if the milage is too high, and what kind of problems i would be running into mechanic/electrical wise. the car is in top notch shape. its maintained by lamborghini. thanks guys.

i would inspect every electronic in the car carefully. there is often issues with lights.

all the service records should be done including all filters and fluids, check tires, brakes, wipers, hoses and accessory belt. coolant hose is known to leak a little, easy fit with new clamps

no problem with higher mileage but do a leak down test and have a full ppi done including paint assessment.

price at 86k is pretty good for the mileage. good luck!

i would inspect every electronic in the car carefully. there is often issues with lights.

all the service records should be done including all filters and fluids, check tires, brakes, wipers, hoses and accessory belt. coolant hose is known to leak a little, easy fit with new clamps

no problem with higher mileage but do a leak down test and have a full ppi done including paint assessment.

price at 86k is pretty good for the mileage. good luck!

excellent. thanks for your quick reply. i was just wondering why its so cheap...maybe there is a hidden defect in the car. but i will go through the check list you mentioned above. thanks again!

NP, that price is about right, slightly on the low side. There are a lot of used Gallardos out there. This may be the lower priced one due to mileage. If everything checks out, I would not let the mileage scare you if the car was well taken care of. My 2005 is now 30k miles, it is better sorted than 17k miles when I bought it! It really matters more on how the car was treated.

Hey guys this is my first post in lambo power. I am currently looking to purchase my first lambo. I found a 2004 Gallardo - 6 speed, with 56k km on it. It's a really good deal, i can pick it up for $86k. I just want to know if the milage is too high, and what kind of problems i would be running into mechanic/electrical wise. the car is in top notch shape. its maintained by lamborghini. thanks guys.

I bought a driver... 29,080 miles...on my new purchase.

Just completed the factory power steering upgrade Factory Recall by Lamborghini Dealer. It took 32 hours of labor and a KIT 1 for the recall based on my VIN. All braided Stainless steel lines were upgraded to solid aluminum, with new power steering pump and transmission cooler. Drivers side cooling fittings would not come loose so the air conditioning had to be evacuated to remove all of the necessary components to remove the assembly for additional corrosion soaking. The radiator has a 4 month back-order so breaking it is not an option. This happened on a higher mileage Gallardo 2 months before at this dealer and a skilled TIG welder was commissioned by Lamborgnini to repair the cracked fitting after discovering no stock was available world-wide.

I spent about $8000 on various replacement parts and 30,000 mile items due...and Lamborghini did the Recall items for free (worth $15,000 to $20,000). Just had to get it to and from the dealer on my dime. Very satisfied with my dealer choice in Denver. Exceeded my expectations in every way... Did not think that was possible because I am OCD about my cars...

The PPI and Clutch inspection are critical. SNAP test to download computer reports tells the story of the vehicle and any over heats or percentages in each range. Even number of Reave limiter counts. At least with the manual transmission releases a number of issues to be concerned with on a 2004.

Average price for the number of miles but you can get a lot of value fom a well taken care of car. Any upgraded components or accessories and extra wheel sets can be a real plus. Realize most broken pieces of plastic may look like they would not cost much to replace but figure a guess $price times 10... Many simple pieces of plastic may cost $700 to $900 per piece on hand built cars like this... Just the skeleton that need replacing that holds the rear bumper on my G cost $2500 plus shipping of $600 and I installed it myself. Just a note to keep in mind... Many things are only sold as an assembly on a car of this age on a Supercar...

But I still love it... You have to pay to PLAY!

Steve in IOWA

Does this happen to be a black/black car in Salt lake?

Does this happen to be a black/black car in Salt lake?

I'm pretty sure it's the car in Toronto . It's on canadatrader.com

I'm pretty sure it's the car in Toronto . It's on canadatrader.com

correct its in toronto on autotrader. i know the dealer who is selling it, as i buy my cars from him.

I bought a driver... 29,080 miles...on my new purchase.

Just completed the factory power steering upgrade Factory Recall by Lamborghini Dealer. It took 32 hours of labor and a KIT 1 for the recall based on my VIN. All braided Stainless steel lines were upgraded to solid aluminum, with new power steering pump and transmission cooler. Drivers side cooling fittings would not come loose so the air conditioning had to be evacuated to remove all of the necessary components to remove the assembly for additional corrosion soaking. The radiator has a 4 month back-order so breaking it is not an option. This happened on a higher mileage Gallardo 2 months before at this dealer and a skilled TIG welder was commissioned by Lamborgnini to repair the cracked fitting after discovering no stock was available world-wide.

I spent about $8000 on various replacement parts and 30,000 mile items due...and Lamborghini did the Recall items for free (worth $15,000 to $20,000). Just had to get it to and from the dealer on my dime. Very satisfied with my dealer choice in Denver. Exceeded my expectations in every way... Did not think that was possible because I am OCD about my cars...

The PPI and Clutch inspection are critical. SNAP test to download computer reports tells the story of the vehicle and any over heats or percentages in each range. Even number of Reave limiter counts. At least with the manual transmission releases a number of issues to be concerned with on a 2004.

Average price for the number of miles but you can get a lot of value fom a well taken care of car. Any upgraded components or accessories and extra wheel sets can be a real plus. Realize most broken pieces of plastic may look like they would not cost much to replace but figure a guess $price times 10... Many simple pieces of plastic may cost $700 to $900 per piece on hand built cars like this... Just the skeleton that need replacing that holds the rear bumper on my G cost $2500 plus shipping of $600 and I installed it myself. Just a note to keep in mind... Many things are only sold as an assembly on a car of this age on a Supercar...

But I still love it... You have to pay to PLAY!

Steve in IOWA

thanks for you detailed reply steve. I'll make sure i get all the tests on it before i get it.

ps. you like lambos i like lambos, you like batman i like batman...i'm sure you were able to decode my username :)

thanks for you detailed reply steve. I'll make sure i get all the tests on it before i get it.

ps. you like lambos i like lambos, you like batman i like batman...i'm sure you were able to decode my username :)

I do the forward / backward thing too... GOOD Luck with your detective work!

I go with 96 backward thing, but both good numbers, all GOOD for :-), all GOOD for Her... We know....

Send Picts if it works OUT...

BatmanDSM

PS. Mine is on a TRUCK Some-where between Denver and Des Moines.... Can't Wait it has been a Month, but I visited during RECALL and 30K Work. Had to be there to witness and be a part of the transformation. Excellent Service, Highest Quality and Exceeded all my Expectations.

LamboComingHOME.JPG

• 1 month later...

It's got questionable mileage on car fax. Front bumper fascia sticks out near the front marker lights and the rear upper panel, next to the spoiler had bad flushness, one side is higher than the other. May be its nothing but I would check out the rear sub frame to make sure it had no accident. This thread is old. May be its already bought.

• 1 month later...

I would ask to see the service records. To make sure there is maintenance being done every year or atleast every other year.