Anyone here good with viper alarms?

Kerplop

Have some questions about a viper alarm system and was curious if anyone is familiar with them and knows them well. Having issues with mine. If so pm me please. Mine decided to stop working properly today. I am 99% sure my viper alarm is fried. Also, if someone has a good system they recommend and trust, I'm all ears.

I think all those guys got bought up by DEI (directed electronics inc)

I hate to say it but the Audio express chains probably have the most installs with that product.

I think all those guys got bought up by DEI (directed electronics inc)

I hate to say it but the Audio express chains probably have the most installs with that product.

This is true. Although, no one but me installed it. Basically I found that people sell them off amazon. I don't like people messing with my wiring, so I prefer to do it myself. In short, it seems something in the unit itself has gone wrong, one of the wires in the unit itself ended up putting out 12v. At first, I thought i had a short somewhere. I probed every single wire in my entire grounding circuit (with the alarm disconnected) and every single ground and switch is fine. No shorts. Hook up the alarm itself, and 12v started popping out of the alarm trigger. Only thing I can think of is that something inside the unit has fried itself for some off the wall reason. Had it for over a year now and it decided to take a shit. Company that sold it said, "DIY and no warranties, sorry."

I guess that's what I get for buying an entry level alarm system :lol2: I'm a minimalist, I guess I didn't figure it'd be all that bad.

Anyway... I went back out after posting this and confirmed the voltage issue lies with the unit.. if you someone has some really good feedback on a brand they recommend, I need to go hunting for something more reliable. I suppose that's what I get for thinking, "An alarm is an alarm." :lol2: happy birthday to me? ugh.

On the somewhat funny side, as I had the hood up and was dicking around with my battery so I could disarm the alarm... some kids rolled up and one said, "Hey I hear if you touch the red and yellow wire it works better!" - a bit embarrassing, but still funny. Then they asked how to pronounce Porsche and asked if the engine was in the back...

I had one that went haywire too. I don't think the quality is very good.

You know, it's tempting to make an arduino DIY alarm :lol2: