How to clear my check engine lights???

diabloIowa

I have a 91 diablo with 14,500 miles. It's amazing, just bought it. Unfortunately I had my CEL come one for left and right bank but the vehicle hasn't made any changes performance wise.

I would like to clear the codes and see if they come back. I had a 92' diablo and I tried the ignition tricks but it never seemed to work.

Any help??

I have a 91 diablo with 14,500 miles. It's amazing, just bought it. Unfortunately I had my CEL come one for left and right bank but the vehicle hasn't made any changes performance wise.

I would like to clear the codes and see if they come back. I had a 92' diablo and I tried the ignition tricks but it never seemed to work.

Any help??

I get CEL's here and there. Same with the Murci. I just ignore it and it goes away. Quite a common phenomenon.

Get an OBDII scanner and clear them yourself. They're $100.

OBDII won't work on a 91. Go to Lamboweb.com under the repairs section. There's instruction there on older models.

To clear codes. Cold engine. Disconnect battey ( at battery ) for a minimum of 1 hour. Reconnect , no throttle, start engine, idle engine. Do not throttle at all for 2 cooling fan cycles.

This is the engine learning phase. No codes yahoo ! Codes, your problem is still there. Good Luck