LP550-2 question

j ingram

I was wondering if a driver is less likely to burn out the clutch on this 2 wheel drive version with poor driving habits as oppoosed to the AWD.

I think you are right, I have a 550-2 (Picture attached) and being only rear wheel drive, I think the drivetrain is under a lot less strain in general than my 08 SL was..

Near_Side_Front__6_.JPG

I was wondering if a driver is less likely to burn out the clutch on this 2 wheel drive version with poor driving habits as oppoosed to the AWD.

Clutches in late model Lambos are pretty solid, I haven't heard of any complete failures, if you attribute clutch failure to poor driving the drivetrain would have very little impact IMO, a bad driver could kill the clutch just as quick irrespective of the drivetrain configuration.

If you can't drive a LP without getting it to jerk you shouldn't be driving, pre LP yes more difficult but LP cars are smooth.

That White 550-2 is very tastefully done.

LamboNutter are you picked up another one....perhaps going for a multi-owner tag? ;)

That White 550-2 is very tastefully done.

LamboNutter are you picked up another one....perhaps going for a multi-owner tag? ;)

hehe, i would be very tempted if i was in europe. especailly as I am sure could get that at a good price; not many are interested in a 2wd, manual Gallardo.

if/when i leave dubai i will sell the zr1 there; then will most likely get a 997.2 gt3rs; or if this lp560-2 manual is still available it will be hard to resist!! but who knows what the future has in store.

Thanks for all the replies. I had an '07 Gallardo Spyder E-gear several years ago. I haven't owned a Lambo in a while, but thinking of getting a later model Spyder again. I wasnt aware that there was now a production 2 wheel drive version other than the Balboni Edition. I had no problems with e-gear or my clutch as I learned how to drive it well from all the advice from the guys here before it was delivered to my house.