Future Gallardo owner

BMWManiac

Which system did you replace the factory one with? Please, post up some pics! Did your car already have rear camera? If you don't mind, could you either PM what your cost was or post it here? I think one of the first things I will do is yank out the cd/tape and put something like the Apline 505 unit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i put in the Kenwood Excelon DDX790 plus 2 kenwood cameras. what l ike about them is you push a button and see what is behind you when your driving not just when backing up. i put in hertz speakers. and jl amp. total my guy charged me 1400 for everything installed it at my house and made a really nice custom piece for around the radio to malk it look stock.

next thing i am doing is radar in the rearview mirror

Do most people retrofit a 06+ navigation to the 04/05 models or go aftermarket? I love how clean it looks and hate that an 04/05 comes with a CD player and tape deck....really?

If you do a retrofit you'll be replacing junk with more junk.

Ok, I'll look into it....I still have about 7 months until I will be ready to purchase, but I have my eyes on a couple right now....I finally noticed that the 06+ seem to come with the navigation unit and it looks a lot better than what you see in 04/05s.

Next question, if I find a car that has all the options I want, except the brake caliper color, is there a particular person that you all recommend to powdercoat them? If so, do you provide the Lamborghini stencils or is that something they can do?

Ok, I'll look into it....I still have about 7 months until I will be ready to purchase, but I have my eyes on a couple right now....I finally noticed that the 06+ seem to come with the navigation unit and it looks a lot better than what you see in 04/05s.

Next question, if I find a car that has all the options I want, except the brake caliper color, is there a particular person that you all recommend to powdercoat them? If so, do you provide the Lamborghini stencils or is that something they can do?

Lambo dealer can handle that for you.

Awesome....do you know how much something like that typically runs?

Any halfway decent paint shop can do your calipers. Good diy'ers can do it themselves at home.

Yeah, I guess you can just buy a stencil from a vendor? Just between the prep work, capping off the brake line, etc....I think I'd rather turn a wrench than try this job. Rather drop the car off and pick it up complete!

My other worry for DIY is not color matching the car, which is another reason to pay to have done