End of Gallardo production is here

dyvatvol15

Let me say first off CONGRATS to Lamborghini on such an incredible car and for making it last for so long, that is very hard to do and keep 99% of the customers excited each time a new version comes out. The Balboni Edition and Performante are my favorites and I have photographed Gallardos far more times than any other car model ( I think this alone says something about their popularity ). Referencing the discussion earlier, I have personally driven several 360s, a F430 and 458, I can still say with confidence that I enjoyed driving the Gallardo Spyder much more than all of those combined. And to say the Gallardo looks dated is stupid, I even had someone pull over while I was shooting an 08 Gallardo earlier this year asking "where they could buy a brand new Lamborghini like that?" Yes to people who are aware of every Gallardo it may not look as good as the newer versions but that does not at all mean it is "dated", especially not as much as the over-priced corvette looking Ferrari 360. Thats just my two cents......PS I look forward to someday driving a newer version of the Gallardo to compare the differences :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clarify few things before anyone else gets their feelings hurt, I have nothing against LaHostrup, I don't think any less of him, or anyone else for that matter, I don't care if you own a Lambo, any other exotic or even a car.

I simply don't care about material possessions, what you have or what you don't, in my eyes everyone is equal irrespective of their financial position, you can live in your mom's basement if you know what you are talking about I will listen to you.

That's not the issue, what I expect is first hand encounters if you specifically talk about something, experiencing certain things means everything to me, do you know how many times I've said, I don't like that, it doesn't look like it's going to work and when I tested it, played with it my opinion completely changed, I am sure it happened to many of you, now I keep my mount shut until I experience it on my own and the only comments I make is on the esthetics, sound, image, etc.

How can I tell you that IMO a 458 is a better car than a Gallardo if I haven't driven either? That's not intended to put anyone down it's simple logic, a reasonable expectation.

Yes I can listen to others and form an opinion and learn to "hate" the 458 but when I drive it I might absolutely love it so it makes no sense, in my mind anyway, to form an opinion before I have hands on experience.

You can obviously participate in a discussion debate etc. without having first hand experiences, there are lots of internet videos, stories you've heard, opinions you've formed on your own based on visual, sound, the way something makes you feel, listening to other's opinions etc. but when you are trying to carry on an argument in which first hand experience is a must with people who had or had the cars I think you are out of your element.

We are all different and that's the best thing about it, the spice of life, I always enjoy LaHostrups contrary and Ferrari bias posts :icon_mrgreen: no hard feelings here!

Let me clarify few things before anyone else gets their feelings hurt, I have nothing against LaHostrup, I don't think any less of him, or anyone else for that matter, I don't care if you own a Lambo, any other exotic or even a car.

I simply don't care about material possessions, what you have or what you don't, in my eyes everyone is equal irrespective of their financial position, you can live in your mom's basement if you know what you are talking about I will listen to you.

That's not the issue, what I expect is first hand encounters if you specifically talk about something, experiencing certain things means everything to me, do you know how many times I've said, I don't like that, it doesn't look like it's going to work and when I tested it, played with it my opinion completely changed, I am sure it happened to many of you, now I keep my mount shut until I experience it on my own and the only comments I make is on the esthetics, sound, image, etc.

How can I tell you that IMO a 458 is a better car than a Gallardo if I haven't driven either? That's not intended to put anyone down it's simple logic, a reasonable expectation.

Yes I can listen to others and form an opinion and learn to "hate" the 458 but when I drive it I might absolutely love it so it makes no sense, in my mind anyway, to form an opinion before I have hands on experience.

You can obviously participate in a discussion debate etc. without having first hand experiences, there are lots of internet videos, stories you've heard, opinions you've formed on your own based on visual, sound, the way something makes you feel, listening to other's opinions etc. but when you are trying to carry on an argument in which first hand experience is a must with people who had or had the cars I think you are out of your element.

We are all different and that's the best thing about it, the spice of life, I always enjoy LaHostrups contrary and Ferrari bias posts :icon_mrgreen: no hard feelings here!

Great post! I agree 100%.

I have driven a 458 and I hated it. In fact I've hated every Ferrari I've driven, and loved every Lambo I've driven.

Because fcuk you.

Now why is this necessary ? You don't have to agree with him but why the insult, because you own a lambo ? I am reading too many similar posts lately and it isn't good.

It is about time the Gallardo is being replaced. I had an 04 and I was an awesome chassis from the start and only got better with further development. However, I think a 10 year run is way too long nowadays and as much I love the Gallardo, I think it has been stale for 4 to 5 years now. I would love to see Lambo shorten their production model span to 6 years. A healthier balance sheet should allow them to follow that path, nothing better than fresh blood to keep interest in the brand.

lp560-4.jpg

Credit where credit is due that profile is fantastic, it is the most timeless design of any modern supercar. That was released in 2008. What were Ferrari releasing at the time? Now compare how they look.

Sadly, looks is only a small element in this sector.

lp560-4.jpg

Credit where credit is due that profile is fantastic, it is the most timeless design of any modern supercar. That was released in 2008. What were Ferrari releasing at the time? Now compare how they look.

Sadly, looks is only a small element in this sector.

They were about to release this :)

Think they both look fantastic :)

post-8121-1385717443_thumb.jpg

See, I know looks are highly subjective, but for me the 430 has not aged that well.

But that is personal opinion. Time will tell and maybe a discussion can be relived in a decades time.

See, I know looks are highly subjective, but for me the 430 has not aged that well.

But that is personal opinion. Time will tell and maybe a discussion can be relived in a decades time.

It certainly does :) I standard 430, I wouldn't say ages AS well, as a Scuderia e.g.

But a standard 04 Gallardo doesn't either.. IMHO :)

hope to be still here and discuss with you in some decades. My opinion is that Ferrari maybe (sometimes) better cars, but Lambos are better looking cars and you clearly see this when the car is aging. Just my opinion, of course. But i know also some Ferrari like 308-328, 288 GTO, F40 that drive me crazy.

ciao

It is about time the Gallardo is being replaced. I had an 04 and I was an awesome chassis from the start and only got better with further development. However, I think a 10 year run is way too long nowadays and as much I love the Gallardo, I think it has been stale for 4 to 5 years now. I would love to see Lambo shorten their production model span to 6 years. A healthier balance sheet should allow them to follow that path, nothing better than fresh blood to keep interest in the brand.

Absolutely correct, the lifespan must be shorter, if I was a betting man I would be willing to bet that Gallardo's life span was decided by VAG back when they started funding it and Lambo had no choice until now, they definitely stretched it way too long, hopefully now with the new found prosperity and possibly hitting another home run with the replacement there will be no need to milk the same chassis for 10 years.

Absolutely correct, the lifespan must be shorter, if I was a betting man I would be willing to bet that Gallardo's life span was decided by VAG back when they started funding it and Lambo had no choice until now, they definitely stretched it way too long, hopefully now with the new found prosperity and possibly hitting another home run with the replacement there will be no need to milk the same chassis for 10 years.

They did this with Porsche and always earned a lot of money so (i think) they tried to do the same with Lambo: hope they will change their mind.

ciao

I would love to see Lambo shorten their production model span to 6 years. A healthier balance sheet should allow them to follow that path, nothing better than fresh blood to keep interest in the brand.

+1