Finished out my Lambo garage

pattymelt3605

Looks great! What kind of prep work did you do? Did you acid wash or anything? Wanting to do my floor but don't know what all is involved...

Thanks everyone! It is a multi-day process but it is very easy. Day 1 is to clean out the garage and acid etch the concrete. You mix the acid etch in a gallon of water, wet the concrete and pour on the acid etch, let it sit for a few minutes then use a broom on dirty areas and then wash it all off. Day 2 after the floor is dry you can roll on the epoxy, rolls on like paint. Day 3 roll on 2-3 coats of the clear/sealer, you can recoat every 4 hours. You can walk on it the next day. I would let it sit for 3 days before you move stuff back in, 7 days to park on, then park on cardboard for 14 days. You can see an install video here.

The new car looks awesome.

Thanks man!

good question, and will the floor chip from a motorcycle kickstand etc..?

looks great BTW

It should not. This is really durable stuff if the prep is done right.

Garage looks great. A couple questions. What is the decal made of? Will you always park on the cardboard or just while it is curing.

The decal is made from 3M IJ40 vinyl and then laminated on the top. Cardboard only for the first 14 days.

I suspect he will sell you both a vinyl decal @ $200 a pop.

Lol yep!

Is the floor slippery when wet?

I am very tempted to try this in our garage. It looks GREAT!

You should! You can add in anti-skid to keep it from being slippery.

Still have to build my engine block coffee table to put in front of the Super G.

I know a guy with a partially tore down Jag V12 sitting in his garage waiting to do the same thing.

I epoxied mine 2 years ago and it has held up pretty well. I used solvent-based epoxy instead of water based

The only issue I have had is that it's impossible to drive the car onto a ramp now. Doesn't matter FWD or RWD. Even though I sprinkled flakes onto the epoxy to provide traction, the ramp just slides forward. That wasn't an issue over bare concrete

btw I recommend waiting until the weather warms up before starting this. It won't cure properly under 55F.