Fuse keeps blowing

andecorp

97 Roadster - the fuse for the right front parker and left rear tail light keeps blowing. All brake lights work fine though. Bulbs are fine.

After replacing the fuse, sometimes it blows again within 5 minutes of driving, other times it can be weeks. It only blows if the lights are on.

I even replaced it with a higher amp fuse to see what happens - keeps blowing.

The lambo mechanic and an auto electrician checked the whole thing several times and can't find the cause.

Drives me insane!!!!!!!!!! :icon_axe:

Do not put in a larger fuse!!! You will create more problems with a melt down of the harness. If you have had any work done on the car start looking at the wires in that area. If not you are going to have to look at the wiring harness to see if you can find the spot that is rubbing the wire against the frame. I would start with the front first. If you remove the lower panel you can see a lot from under the car to inspect the harness. It might take some time to fine the problem since it only does it going down the road. While you are looking at the harness try wiggling it to try and make it blow the fuse. If it blows when you are wigging the harness and it blows the fuse you are real close to the problem.

limey is a genius! All he messaged me with was "Your number plate light wire harness is shorting out on the frame."

Sure enough, as soon as I touched the rear number plate wire harness, it shorted the whole thing. :icon_thumleft:

limey is a genius! All he messaged me with was "Your number plate light wire harness is shorting out on the frame."

Sure enough, as soon as I touched the rear number plate wire harness, it shorted the whole thing. :icon_thumleft:

Awesome!