Help...does not go into reverse

murcivu

I have an '04 egear. Started it this morning as usual. Stepped on the brakes, goes straight into 1st every time. Does not go into reverse at all. Reset the battery, nothing. Same symptoms. Any ideas or suggestions? Only after 3k miles of driving, I hope my egear system is not messed up.

Can you hear the Egear pump? Any lights on the dash? When you press your brakes does your brake light come on??

It could be your actuator pump or your brake light wire.

Can you hear the Egear pump? Any lights on the dash? When you press your brakes does your brake light come on??

It could be your actuator pump or your brake light wire.

Or I'm talking out of my ass.

I've heard of the wire issue before. Brake or reverse but a real tech would know.

Hopefully that's what is, since the other 2 possibilities are going to cost a fuckload

Google for "lautlos e-gear pump pressure tcu" or "lautlos 470497-post4.html".

Disclaimer: the result will be a post of mine on another message board -- it's where I wrote it up during a similar thread.

OK...this is what happened. My shop told me to disconnect the terminals from the battery directly or try to push the car out of the garage while in neutral and see if the gears can change. So I did the latter and was able to engage reverse and change gears normally. Drove it around the neighborhood and the egear light came on briefly a couple of times. As long as the light is on, I was not able to change gears. But as soon as it goes away, gears were normal. Parked back in the garage for a few hours. Just tried driving it again, freaking problem came back. My tech told me NOT to park with 1st gear engaged and perhaps that ecu is somehow "locked" in 1st gear. I'm afraid to park with only the handle brake because the car will roll, if on a slope. Any ideas?

Had the same problem with my 04 Murci. Went into forward gears no problem, but no reverse. It ended up being a throttle position sensor. Located in the transmission case. Unfortunately its an engine out fix. Of course when the engine is out it rolls into other projects. Your lambo tech should be able to determine if its the sensor by plugging in his laptop. Good luck

Had the same problem with my 04 Murci. Went into forward gears no problem, but no reverse. It ended up being a throttle position sensor. Located in the transmission case. Unfortunately its an engine out fix. Of course when the engine is out it rolls into other projects. Your lambo tech should be able to determine if its the sensor by plugging in his laptop. Good luck

I hope not :eusa_wall:

I hope it's just something simple like battery voltage. I hate to say it, but the E-Gear system is a piece of shit. I've had my Murci a couple of years now and the car has 8K miles on it. The only issues I have EVER had are E-Gear. Apparently if the hydraulic lines stretch with age the pressure drops enough to not function properly. Or if the battery voltage is a touch low, or if the clutch PIS setting is off etc etc... I think the cars are otherwise fairly bullet proof but in one season I usually have about a dozen E-Gear related anomolies. I was approaching an instersection to make a left hand turn and shifted from 3rd back to 2nd, car dropped it into N and the egear light came on. Had to shut the iginition off mid intersection, restart wait a second, it would take first with a clunk and the light would flash between N and 1....got home, parked, problem went away. Or was driving on the highway, came to an uphill bend, shifted from 5th to 4th, car kep reving up and down but wouldnt take the gear, had to pull over almost getting rear ended, shut the car off and restart. I hope your issue is nothing serious, please keep us posted...sorry had to vent...love the Murci..HATE E-Gear.

szabo that sounds like an absolute nightmare sorry to hear it but that's not very common, I think you just got a bad one, did you try to take it back to the dealer to have the whole system replaced? I'd definitely push for that if I were you, that doesn't sound like it's safe!

Hey Fortis, yes it's been looked at few times by Lamborghini but the problem is its so intermittent. When it goes to the dealer it's all good. I had a 6spd G for 4 years and loved every minute of it, sadly the E-Gear and I have gotten off to a bad start. I will admit that when it works on a fast windy road it is glorious.....especially with the straight pipe exhaust :)

I hope it's just something simple like battery voltage. I hate to say it, but the E-Gear system is a piece of shit. I've had my Murci a couple of years now and the car has 8K miles on it. The only issues I have EVER had are E-Gear. Apparently if the hydraulic lines stretch with age the pressure drops enough to not function properly. Or if the battery voltage is a touch low, or if the clutch PIS setting is off etc etc... I think the cars are otherwise fairly bullet proof but in one season I usually have about a dozen E-Gear related anomolies. I was approaching an instersection to make a left hand turn and shifted from 3rd back to 2nd, car dropped it into N and the egear light came on. Had to shut the iginition off mid intersection, restart wait a second, it would take first with a clunk and the light would flash between N and 1....got home, parked, problem went away. Or was driving on the highway, came to an uphill bend, shifted from 5th to 4th, car kep reving up and down but wouldnt take the gear, had to pull over almost getting rear ended, shut the car off and restart. I hope your issue is nothing serious, please keep us posted...sorry had to vent...love the Murci..HATE E-Gear.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Those situations do sound dangerous. Hope it doesn't happen to you, again.

This was a first for me. I've driven it 3k miles without any hiccups. Then literally overnight, the light comes on and that was it...done. But if this requires an engine-out, then I'm seriously contemplating a 6spd. Like you...still love the Murci and so does the wife :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe try a fresh battery. I know that a lot of people had their issues cleared up with that

Thanks. I went ahead and mentioned that to the shop as well. Would be awesome if this was the fix.

I was able to drive it to the shop. Funny thing was that the light went off almost the entire way there and I was able to shift just fine. Then it came back again...very intermittent. We did pull the codes and IIRC...it was something like "shift up". Anyone know what this code means?

Does your shop have the latest e-gear software? Maybe if they can re-flash the transmission ECU and set your PIS settings???

PIS settings were done a few months ago. Made a huge difference.

Correction...error code was "switch up". Talked to the shop today and he thinks it's something with the paddle switch getting stuck. So doesn't sound like an engine-out...thank goodness. I'll find out more tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...