Build A Better Lambo (Research Study)

grmartin

Hi Everyone,

I have been a lurker on LamboPower for some time now, just educating myself on the Lamborghini brand and also its consumers (all of you). This is my first post that actually contributes to the community here so bare with me.

I am a marketing, information systems, and entrepreneurship undergrad. at the University of Cincinnati finishing my 4th out of a 5 year co-op program. I am working towards a co-op/internship at Lamborghini and would like to stay on board with a career in the industry.

Currently, I am enrolled in a New Product Development course which gives each student the entire semester to create a new product and/or service in any industry of their choosing to solve any problem, execute any objective, build any brand, etc.

I want to solely focus this entire project on bettering Lamborghini's vehicles in any way, big or small.

At this point, I am just starting to formulate ideas, and I want to go directly to the consumers of the Lamborghini brand that have the most exposure to each vehicles' ins-and-outs, problems, qualities that can be further developed, etc.

I'd like to hear what any of you have to say about your experience with your vehicle, what could be better, what you wish your car had, what could change about the vehicle that would make it just 1% more enjoyable in any way. Truly any ideas you may have, please share them because this project is solely revolving around the end user (short of machine guns on the top to clear traffic :eusa_dance: ). I have full access to AutoCAD 3D modeling software / 3D printers at the university's design college (DAAP) so real world models will be created from your ideas as well as help from engineering students so any ideas that are difficult to develop are encouraged. Pictures and updates will be posted every step of the way if you'd like to follow along with what is being built!

As a last point, I will not be profiting off of this project in any way. This is solely for university research and for me to build my portfolio before applying to Lamborghini's internship program / to better understand how the brand can be furthered in the future.

Thanks for any help and ideas all of you may have!

- Greg

I think in this day and age everyone could lay off the heavy carbs.
Is gelato considered "light" carbs?

I think in this day and age everyone could lay off the heavy carbs.

You know I just got a call from my doctor this afternoon, they mentioned something similar. Go figure :lol2:

You know I just got a call from my doctor this afternoon, they mentioned something similar. Go figure :lol2:

Worked for me except the alcohol and beer part.

I'd like to see a hard top convertible that keeps the line of the coupe when the top is up, yet folds to a spyder roadster with the top down (that does not add significant weight to the car)

I'd also like a moon roof (glass non-moving panel) over the cabin. I don't need it to open but it would make the cabin seem larger. Similar to the panorama roof we had in our SL55. It would also need a fabric sun shade (like the SL55 had)

I'd like to see a hard top convertible that keeps the line of the coupe when the top is up, yet folds to a spyder roadster with the top down (that does not add significant weight to the car)

I'd also like a moon roof (glass non-moving panel) over the cabin. I don't need it to open but it would make the cabin seem larger. Similar to the panorama roof we had in our SL55. It would also need a fabric sun shade (like the SL55 had)

Cake where r you located

here in ny there was a huge problem with the panorama roofs cracking and breaking in the fall when the temps got low and acorns would hit them local dealer replaced 15-20

Cake where r you located

here in ny there was a huge problem with the panorama roofs cracking and breaking in the fall when the temps got low and acorns would hit them local dealer replaced 15-20

South western PA. We sold the SL a couple years ago (I kinda miss it - it was a great car). It was a pampered car - almost garage queen status. If it were up to my husband it would have had FULL garage queen status (but he couldn't quite keep me out of it).

In general it was driven in nice weather only and not in cold temps. Always garaged. Never got near an acorn ;)

Gelato dispenser.

Limoncello Gelato? :icon_pidu:

Cake, thanks for shooting me a PM and responding on here! I'll take a look into light-weight, transparent materials that aren't so sensitive to weather changes and falling objects. I think that could be an interesting way of enhancing the drivers cabin.

I'll post an update with findings if you'd like to follow along.