Gallardo Rear Differential Oil

ctomic

Hi everyone,

On my Gallardo 04 (egear) I have to change the rear differential oil every 5.000km (3000 miles) otherwise a whining noise starts while driving

the car. Is there any better oil than the regular audi/bmw which is recommended? Anything that would last for longer or any additive that

would maybe get rid of that noise?

The thing is that the oil usually is very dark when I change it but no metal pieces or anything.

all the best from spain,

Chris

If ur oil is dark at 3k mi interval, the diff wasn't filled correctly while car is leveled. If the rear is higher, you will miss the last 0.5 qt and this will cause whine, heat and burnt rear diff.

Front diff whines when cold by default so it's different, btw

As for fluid, just about all synthetic 75-90 will do. Redline Mtl and mt90 are very popular.

If ur oil is dark at 3k mi interval, the diff wasn't filled correctly while car is leveled. If the rear is higher, you will miss the last 0.5 qt and this will cause whine, heat and burnt rear diff.

Front diff whines when cold by default so it's different, btw

As for fluid, just about all synthetic 75-90 will do. Redline Mtl and mt90 are very popular.

Based on my experience, I would only recommend the OEM fluid for the rear diff/tranny fluid as it's a unique blend. For the front, I'm using redline but don't recall which version off the top of my head.

Eom is agip lsx. Found only at some specialty shops and dealers.

I am running it right now. Compared to redline, I think both are good. I didn't fill the fluid on level surface and noticed dark fluid and whine after only a few hundred miles. Once I refilled the fluid, whine is gone. Trick is to fill the fluid with the car leveled

Eom is agip lsx. Found only at some specialty shops and dealers.

I am running it right now. Compared to redline, I think both are good. I didn't fill the fluid on level surface and noticed dark fluid and whine after only a few hundred miles. Once I refilled the fluid, whine is gone. Trick is to fill the fluid with the car leveled

Agip used to sell it on their website, at least for North American customers. That's where I got mine a while back.

hello

i am a little confused about the rear diff oil.

i have a 2006 spyder and i want to change the gearbox oil - in the information folder is for rear on my car Burmah 70W-75 - i called the lambo dealer and he said that on all pre LP the fill in the agip rotra lsx 75-w90?

it seems that the company changed their rear diff oil on modell 2005 and up - in their service folder are both oils namend: "low viscosity gearbox - burmah" and "high viscosity gearbox" agip rotra lsx.

has the old gallardos bevor 2005 no limitet locked differential? - my porsche gt3 use also a different tranny oil than the non locked versions?

how do you see if you use the wrong oil?

bye

wolfgang