Murcielago Maintenance

szabo_martin

IMO the Sears Die Hard Platinum at around $200 is the best battery for the Murci-better than any other including Interstate. Explored Brain and the BS Optima and though it is heavy as Nick states at over 50lbs it has incredible reserve and, of course, the car SEEMS, to run better with it as well. Plus I have never had to use a Tender. In this outrageously cold winter I turn off the mains after each run and even after not being used for a few weeks it starts like a summer day.

I had the Diehard installed but was told it is better to replace it since there was no lip on the battery to hold it in place. I replaced it with the Interstate.

Really?!?!

I don't know about the lithium ion, but for their dry cell batteries, yeah. I used to run them in my viper, like 1/4 of the cost.

Did you see an improvement in E-Gear performance with the new battery?

He's a manual.

Yeah the Deka is the cheapest battery and cranks out 850CCA vs 800 for the insterstate ate double the price. The Braille is 3 times the price. Wish I had a manual as well...looking back I should've shopped around a bit. Got the new plugs, E Revision R8 Coils and sport filters wating to be installed, can't wait. That carbon fiber cover over the coils is a pain in the ass to get off.