Koenig Countach-Koenig Specials

n_tensetuning

Anyone else have/HAD a poster of Koenig's White Countach from the 80's?

lp500qv7.jpg

Still have mine. Yes I know the side skirts weren't appealing for everyone's taste.

Anyone on the forum have pics of the white one up close (Hi Resolution) ?

Apparently, Koenig-Specials out of Munich, Germany is still in business, (I contacted them), but unfortunately they have no more Countach Body Parts.... only Exhaust.

http://www.koenig-specials.com/homepage%20...%20englisch.htm

Dave

I still have the poster and even though I will catch crap for it I actually am a fan of the mod. It visually stretches out the body, which I like. There was a white barn find car in New York(turbo) that was modified with this kit. It was discussed on here a couple years ago. Anyway, it looked exactly like the poster car.

I still have the poster and even though I will catch crap for it I actually am a fan of the mod. It visually stretches out the body, which I like. There was a white barn find car in New York(turbo) that was modified with this kit. It was discussed on here a couple years ago. Anyway, it looked exactly like the poster car.

Wow...in NY. I recall seeing some photos years back of a Koenig looking white Countach with NY plates on it. Wonder IF it was that Barn Find Car.

I think there have been some reproduction attempts made over the years in Europe and here in the US of the side skirts w/Air Vents. The Original car from the Poster looked to be an LP400S, then I've seen some white 5000S versions as well, and then some where the side skirt Air Vent Fins went across horizontally vs the original vertical fins.

I agree, always been a sucker for the look. Of course it would have to be on a white Countach : )

Dave

I had a similar poster, although I swear that the interior was white.

As far as the mods, I liked them as well back in the day.

As of today I can appreciate them on this particular car as that was the era in that day.

wonder IF this was that Barn Find Car.... found it on Flickr

White Koenig Countach-NY on Flickr

I do not believe so as that car has a white interior.

I realize the interior could have been changed to red in the second picture however the side markers are different as well.

There were two Countach's in the barn. Side by side and in very poor shape. Owner was Robert Rusie and he was in poor health. Roslyn,NY. They may very well still be sitting there rotting. The white poster car was in the best condition. The other was literally rotting and the paint was flaked off from water pouring in on it for years.

You are correct. I had that backwards. The white poster car is the one that has been weathering the leaking barn roof for many years. 1986 downdraft car with under 2000 miles.