A/C charging

alan7407

I know that the A/C charging valve for my 06 is basically just above the battery, but does anyone know if (and where) there is a sight glass for the refrigerant ??

Thanks, Alan

I know that the A/C charging valve for my 06 is basically just above the battery, but does anyone know if (and where) there is a sight glass for the refrigerant ??

Thanks, Alan

There is no sight glass. The system holds 1.5lbs R134a.

Any tips on recharging? The low pressure valve is very close to the frame rail and it looks like I will need to pull the wheel off and see if any zip ties are holding it in place. If not it will be hard to get the connector onto the nipple.

There is no sight glass. The system holds 1.5lbs R134a.

the manual states 850g. when i put that, the a/c didn't even get cold. i had to add about 400g to get cool. why does the owner's manual say only 850g?

the manual states 850g. when i put that, the a/c didn't even get cold. i had to add about 400g to get cool. why does the owner's manual say only 850g?

Service manual actually says 680g which is exactly two of the small containers. The problem is they are not that accurate in weight and some always stays in the can. I put in around 700g or 25oz and the AC got cold. Haven't driven it but idled for 25 minutes and it seamed as good as new.

Any tips on recharging? The low pressure valve is very close to the frame rail and it looks like I will need to pull the wheel off and see if any zip ties are holding it in place. If not it will be hard to get the connector onto the nipple.

Just jack the rear up a few inches, that gives access to the valve. No need to remove wheel. Bigger PITA was removing the rear deck, exhaust heat shields etc to get to the other valve.

Just jack the rear up a few inches, that gives access to the valve. No need to remove wheel. Bigger PITA was removing the rear deck, exhaust heat shields etc to get to the other valve.

My low side valve was so close to the frame rail I had to remove the tire to get the fitting over it with much effort. The high side valve was easy as I just reached back through the engine bay and connected it. My mesh exhaust cover is off the car so I had a clear shot to that fitting. I think the hand build nature of these cars means the fittings can be oriented in different directions on different cars.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm whether the LP560 also does NOT have a sight glass.

We were looking at the schrader valves tonight and from the description above (of not being able to access the low pressure valve) it sounds very similar to the configuration in our engine bay.

I guess I should probably start a thread in the G section since this is for Murcis...

I'll give it a day to see if I get an answer