1974 LP400 Periscopo coming to auction

Redlambo

I remember when this car was for sale at auction and it was ridiculed when it sold for just under $40,000.00

At that time the engine had turbo chargers on it and flares added to make it appear to be a LP400S series.

I swore up and down that it was a steal of a deal and would have bought it myself however I was in the process of a major service on my 1984 Counatch.

I know many Countach enthusiasts here remember this car.

It will be interesting to see what it brings.

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1974-lamb...00-periscopica/

After more research I do not believe this is the second LP400 produced as stated in the listing from Heritage Classics.

If it is chassis # 1120010 it would be the tenth Countach produced, not that I believe this will change the sale price in any big way as it is a LP400.

I found some photos of this car from 10 years ago when it was listed with Heritage Classics.

I am still not sure on the VIN as Gooding Co has it listed as chassis 1120010 however I seem to think it is chassis 1120004.

C.jpg

Z1.jpg

Z5.jpg

U.jpg

M.jpg

I found some photos of this car from 10 years ago when it was listed with Heritage Classics.

I am still not sure on the VIN as Gooding Co has it listed as chassis 1120010 however I seem to think it is chassis 1120004.

C.jpg

Z1.jpg

Z5.jpg

U.jpg

M.jpg

Gorgeous example of a perfect car.

How much power did the turbo/engine upgrade add?

Gorgeous example of a perfect car.

How much power did the turbo/engine upgrade add?

you guys are talking about 2 different cars. The heritage is not the auctioned car

you guys are talking about 2 different cars. The heritage is not the auctioned car

If that is the case I apologize for creating the confusion as I really did think it was the old Heritage Classic Countach.

Me Bad. Vic :icon_redface:

It's all good.

Speaking of Twin Turbo Countachs...oh maybe 10 or more years ago their was one for sale in the Du Pont Registry, black on gold wheels maybe silver...if my memory serves me. Anyways it was touted as being faster than liter sport bikes from 0-150. etc. Don't remember any more details as far as builder and parts used....but I figured somebody here might know of or remember this car.

Thanks

If that is the case I apologize for creating the confusion as I really did think it was the old Heritage Classic Countach.

Me Bad. Vic :icon_redface:

don't feel bad, its an easy confusion. These 2 cars are real close and look alike. I had to think about it too

don't feel bad, its an easy confusion. These 2 cars are real close and look alike. I had to think about it too

Well I now know why I was confused on the VIN's because they are two different cars. LOL

I think the 90 pound fire extinguisher is worth at least a half a million all by itself....

I think the 90 pound fire extinguisher is worth at least a half a million all by itself....

dont joke about these things! I am sure you saw the POS Alpine radio for a CT at $2500 on eBay!! I mean soon dogdung squashed by a CT willbe worst gold! lol...