A/C Problem

ctomic

Hi everyone,

We all know that the a/c on the early gallardos is a big problem. Anyhow it seems that my current a/c cannot be

solved and I really hope that anyone had a similar problem before.

The a/c on my Gallardo 04 stopped working several weeks ago, it looked like the old compressor had a leak therefore it got exchanged.

The new compressor now seems to start up but the air doesn´t cool down anymore. All connections have been checked

and there are no other leaks. There are no OBD error codes in the memory.

Does anyone have any idea what else could cause the issue? What else could I check?

all the best from Spain,

Chris

Perhaps not the best suggestion but sometimes the too obvious might just be overlooked. Henceforth...

Did you recharge the A/C system with refreigerant?

Hi VCR,

yes all checked and its still full...

Perhaps not the best suggestion but sometimes the too obvious might just be overlooked. Henceforth...

Did you recharge the A/C system with refreigerant?

Need more detail to help you....

1. are you getting hot or just warm air?

2. check all vents to see if you are getting any cold air on any of them.

3. is the passenger side fan on when you turn on the AC?

Take the temp of your vents (with a meat thermometer.) When you take the temp - make note of the outside ambient air temp, and put the setting for both sides on AUTO &"LO" (as cold as it'll go).

Do you find they get progressively warmer going from far left driver's side to far right passenger side?

That piece of info may help diagnose.

There is a pressure sensor that can leak or go bad, and also Schreader valves that can leak or go bad. If it's holding a charge it could be one of these that are not working right.

Hi all,

thanks for your help. All vents work equally and the first 2 minutes it seems to blow warmer air than outside.

I heard that the heater control valve might be a problem?

all the best,

Chris

Need more detail to help you....

1. are you getting hot or just warm air?

2. check all vents to see if you are getting any cold air on any of them.

3. is the passenger side fan on when you turn on the AC?

The hcv has two valves. When it fails, you would typically get one side hot and one side cold

Since you are getting warm air instead of hot air, and both sides are same, I don't think your hcv is at fault. It sounds like its ur ac still. How do you know ac is being run? I would check low and high side pressure. Also, pax side fan needs to be on before ac kicks in. If fan is off, it needs to be fixed first

The hcv has two valves. When it fails, you would typically get one side hot and one side cold

Since you are getting warm air instead of hot air, and both sides are same, I don't think your hcv is at fault. It sounds like its ur ac still. How do you know ac is being run? I would check low and high side pressure. Also, pax side fan needs to be on before ac kicks in. If fan is off, it needs to be fixed first

Is this an easy fix (if one side is cold and one side is warmer?

1142635[/url]']

Is this an easy fix (if one side is cold and one side is warmer?

Hcv is a pita to change due to limited accessibility and how many hoses are connected but not flexible. I would definitely have it done on a lift or outsource the job. Labor is about 3-4 hrs so not too expensive. Parts is as low as $100 if you buy a generic one for Lincoln LS instead of Lambo part ($450)

Hi Dj,

the compressors turns on, you can hear it start off once the AC is turned on.

all the best,

Chris

Check compressor sensor if the compressor won't turn on

Did the comp have a leak or did it seize up? Did you replace the dry and check to see if the FOT had debris in it? Many time on the early G 04-06 the compressor would seize up get metal in the drier and the FOT. If this is not taken care of you will not have a proper working A/C system and can risk damaging the replacement.

Hi Swif,

actually the compressor did leak, which was then replaced. Do you know if there is any description online about replacing the drier and checking the FOT?

Is this easy to do?

all the best,

Chris

Did the comp have a leak or did it seize up? Did you replace the dry and check to see if the FOT had debris in it? Many time on the early G 04-06 the compressor would seize up get metal in the drier and the FOT. If this is not taken care of you will not have a proper working A/C system and can risk damaging the replacement.

Not sure about discretion on line or not. I may have posted something on this forum about years ago. The drier is located in left rear wheel well, (front side). The FOT is located inside the cabin, passenger side of center conceal. (by shifter).

At times the drier can be saved is not debris and placed under vacuum for about a hour or so. The for many times can be saved by removing it and cleaning.