Brake light switch location ? - 1995 VT

L33

Does anyone have any idea where the brake light switch is on a 1995 VT please?

My brake lights are only coming on at the full extent of pedal travel. There is no electronic switch around the pedal linkage. I've been told its an in-line pressure switch which senses the brake fluid pressure. I was told it was in the front bonnet/trunk, behind the carpet panel on the opposite side to the brake master cylinder. I've had a good look and can't see anything. Can anyone help or happen to have a picture of its location?

Many thanks in advance

:icon_thumleft:

It's an old skool switch which is part of the brake pipe basically? They are poor design, and even a new one does not help that much, I replaced mine, it's in my refresh thread.

Basically it's behind the AMP panel in the trunk. Switch is cheap enough, but you won't get as good a reaction as an electronic solution. Good few have done a DIY to electric type switch.

Thanks Sudesh. Just where I thought it was but 30 mins looking and still couldn't find it. I already have a switch - Mike gave me the part number for a generic part. Bargain at £5.

I will have another look over the weekend.

Do you have to bleed the brakes after fitting?

Thanks Sudesh. Just where I thought it was but 30 mins looking and still couldn't find it. I already have a switch - Mike gave me the part number for a generic part. Bargain at £5.

I will have another look over the weekend.

Do you have to bleed the brakes after fitting?

Nope, no bleeding required, you'll get a tiny bit of seepage, so keep a cloth handy, just install new switch and if required add the small amount you lost, but really it's hardly noticeable.

There was a post somewhere about adding the other type switch, you could leave the old one in place and just tap into the same circuit. The more awkward part would be making something up to hold the new switch in place at the brake pedal.

I've no seen how the newer model does this, worth seeing a few pics!

That's the one thing that I don't like on both of my Diablos. Is there a step by step guide for an electronic replacement?

Just had a look at the 6.0 diagram,

Parts number 10 and 11 is the bracket and spacer they use for electric switch. Not too expensive either. Just need to see a pic of his it's mounted in the 6.0.

094_42_02_00.gif