02 Murci CEL

Gandalf the gray

I just took delivery of my first Murcielago and the very first drive (12 miles) it thru a check engine light. I hooked up a scanner and pulled the codes.

P0111 (Intake Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem/)

P0112 (Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input)

Now, I just had the cars valve adjustment done the day prior to my taking delivery. Wondering if anything may have been unhooked and not hooked back up in the process? Is there more than one AIT sensor? One for each throttle body perhaps? Is there anything I can do to check these and where are they located? I don't have a service shop anywhere near me.

Lastly, will it hurt to drive the car until I get this figured out? I read lots of posts where guys just get CEL's here and there and just drive anyways as if its all part of the Murci experience.

Thanks for any input,

Steve

Sorry intake air..... Look in between the two intake manifolds. There's a brown plug in the side of each plenum make sure they are properly plugged in... Don't drive with these codes since these cars use map, air temp, water temp to make mix fuel/air could run too rich or lean

Sorry intake air..... Look in between the two intake manifolds. There's a brown plug in the side of each plenum make sure they are properly plugged in... Don't drive with these codes since these cars use map, air temp, water temp to make mix fuel/air could run too rich or lean

Ok, I pulled the center cover and found the brown sensors. I disconnected and reconnected each one getting them as snug as possible. I cleared codes and started car and let idle to operating temp. I took a quick drive (about 4 miles) and no CEL lights. Hopefully something as simple as that. I'll get a chance to get more miles this weekend.

Thanks for the help! :icon_thumleft:

most of the time the CEL lights were for running rich. Nothing about intake..

So you did the valve adjustment.. Did you get them to tell you how much they were out of adjustment? I am very curious to know.

most of the time the CEL lights were for running rich. Nothing about intake..

So you did the valve adjustment.. Did you get them to tell you how much they were out of adjustment? I am very curious to know.

There were only 4 valves that were considered "out" and even those were just on the threshold of factory tolerances. So in regards to 02 Murci's I'd say 30k mile interval is about right.

Funny thing thinking back to all the people that thought they heard the valves clattering in your videos. They didn't. :)

There were only 4 valves that were considered "out" and even those were just on the threshold of factory tolerances. So in regards to 02 Murci's I'd say 30k mile interval is about right.

Funny thing thinking back to all the people that thought they heard the valves clattering in your videos. They didn't. :)

I agree with you there.. :lol2:

Hope the car runs for you like she did for me.. Excellent car.. Try and check into the CEL's. If it is running rich code every once in a while its fine.

Yeah all Murci's you can hear the valves....solid lifters.... you don't seem to hear many of them having actual engine problems...I think theyre robust. Rich is better the lean...as long as its not rich enough to overheat the cat...but that would be setting off way more lights. I find on the Murci when you do any bigger service, afterwards they have a few CEL's...... I think the connectors dont like being disconnected....but usually a quick clead or replug and its good :) I'm glad you picked up the Murci and enjoy it in good health