Now that lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu finally won, UGR shop car trolling time?

AJVishus

Can we all just agree we want to see some 1/4 mile runs by UR?

When their customers want it you will see it. As much as everyone wants to see it myself included they have a business to run and will do what makes them more profitable. I would do the same in their shoes. I respect that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second that

+3 here. I'm a bit confused about these roll races. Whatever happened to good old put some vht on the street light a torch and let it rip. If you can't put the power down the car or you needs work. If the drivetrain can't handle the hit. More parts r&d is in order. These roll races are a cop out and I know several will agree. Yet at the same time I'm putting on the flame suit. Lol.

Going through the GTR life forums, im getting this feeling that most people have just basically said that the gallardo platform has been maxed out? I find it amusing because the gallardo was kicking ass and taking names just an event prior but now folks are like okay its over for the gallardoit has reached its peak. Surely theres more left in store?

Going through the GTR life forums, im getting this feeling that most people have just basically said that the gallardo platform has been maxed out? I find it amusing because the gallardo was kicking ass and taking names just an event prior but now folks are like okay its over for the gallardoit has reached its peak. Surely theres more left in store?

Guess we'll see come Spring T.I.! :)

Guest 300MPH
+3 here. I'm a bit confused about these roll races. Whatever happened to good old put some vht on the street light a torch and let it rip. If you can't put the power down the car or you needs work. If the drivetrain can't handle the hit. More parts r&d is in order. These roll races are a cop out and I know several will agree. Yet at the same time I'm putting on the flame suit. Lol.

If you look at the MPH at the TI with the proper speed indexing starting MPH, the cars seem to trap about 10 MPH than what they run in the 1/4 mile. I think the TI is getting the same relative result as the 1/4 mile WITHOUT breaking drive line parts. I think the TI is a super smart way for the owners of these kinds of vehicles can have a lot of fun while not subjecting the drive line to such punishment.

I think the Gallardo platform is far superior to the GTR platform in terms of how a turbo system can be laid out and be intrinsically very efficient. The GTR turbo systems are hideous in terms of having super tight bends right off the compressor covers and everywhere the piping needs to go. The hot piping bends are also super tight. These characteristics kill flow and efficiency. The Gallardo platform with either UR's or Heffner's layout allows for more gradual bends and considerably superior packaging. Not to mention the heat trapped in that engine compartment. Not good IMO.

Again, props to A*M*S for getting such results with a challenging(to say the least) packaging arrangement.

The GTR builds are similar to what UR charges for similar performance. For the money, the Lambo is a way sexier looking body and favorable platform to make the big power they are currently making. The GTR looks like a plain jane Nissan Sentra with only 2 doors and larger wheels. The pimp factor of the Lambo is incredible!

See the difference between the underdog (GTR) and who is dominating (Gallardo TT) for the past few years have gotten really close. No one really had any clue that the huge presence of GTRs on the past TI have impacted the game from here on out. The only thing left for the Gallardo? More boost! BUT you will have to run methanol.

Frankly against well set drag cars the Gallardos would get smoked from a dig on the street. I'd no more think a 2R or x version could beat say boostedgt in his street raced mustang than boosted could beat a 2r from a roll. It's a different kind of drag race. I'm sure there is nothing easy about piloting one of the 2R cars.

Frankly against well set drag cars the Gallardos would get smoked from a dig on the street. I'd no more think a 2R or x version could beat say boostedgt in his street raced mustang than boosted could beat a 2r from a roll. It's a different kind of drag race. I'm sure there is nothing easy about piloting one of the 2R cars.

My issue with these roll races is there is too much inconsistency with the starting. Almost like with street rolls of the horn. 9 out of 10 times the car honking gets the jump cause he puts his foot down as he's hitting the horn. In regards to comparing a r2 vs say boostedgt is that boostedgt can do a roll or launch the crap out of the car and it works. It's actually got the upgrades it needs. Here it seems like the power is being made. But besides that the rest needs more r&d.

I've only had my car a few months and still on the fence as to what tuner to trust. But I'm an old school drag racer and I want a car I don't have to baby. If the kit makes 1300whp and drivetrain can't stay together in my eyes the build is not done and the kit is lacking.

My issue with these roll races is there is too much inconsistency with the starting. Almost like with street rolls of the horn. 9 out of 10 times the car honking gets the jump cause he puts his foot down as he's hitting the horn. In regards to comparing a r2 vs say boostedgt is that boostedgt can do a roll or launch the crap out of the car and it works. It's actually got the upgrades it needs. Here it seems like the power is being made. But besides that the rest needs more r&d.

I've only had my car a few months and still on the fence as to what tuner to trust. But I'm an old school drag racer and I want a car I don't have to baby. If the kit makes 1300whp and drivetrain can't stay together in my eyes the build is not done and the kit is lacking.

I'm not a lambo owner myself but Underground has billet everything that one can upgrade too as far as parts go. Between them and Heffner you cannot go wrong. There are no other good choices beyond them to me.

Mr. V10, I'm with you on this one. I'm an old-school drag racer as well. I don't own a Gallardo or a GTR but if I'm given half a million dollars to spend and those two cars are my only option. The GTR would be my choice because I love drag racing. Heck, I might have enough change to buy a pre-owned Gallardo. Lol. Nothing excites me more than getting the magic 60 ft. times. Now, until we see the lambo hit a 1.3 or better then we might see a very exciting TX2K15. :)

Mr. V10, I'm with you on this one. I'm an old-school drag racer as well. I don't own a Gallardo or a GTR but if I'm given half a million dollars to spend and those two cars are my only option. The GTR would be my choice because I love drag racing. Heck, I might have enough change to buy a pre-owned Gallardo. Lol. Nothing excites me more than getting the magic 60 ft. times. Now, until we see the lambo hit a 1.3 or better then we might see a very exciting TX2K15. :)

Well I fairly recently got the Audi v10 and started digging around to see who has what to offer. 3 heavy hitters are advertising big power and what is really blowing my mind is its backed by a warranty. I've built lots of cars over the years and warranty was just not something even mentioned. It was always you triple the hp of a car you are on your own with what you break. But with that said if stock shit broke someone worked on an upgrade. Weather it was a trans or axles or chassis braces and so on. There was no cop out its too hard on this or that. I bought an AWD car and I wanna cut 1.3 60ft on the street or strip. Another thing dragtimes barely has any times listed and the decent ones are shop cars.

Well I fairly recently got the Audi v10 and started digging around to see who has what to offer. 3 heavy hitters are advertising big power and what is really blowing my mind is its backed by a warranty. I've built lots of cars over the years and warranty was just not something even mentioned. It was always you triple the hp of a car you are on your own with what you break. But with that said if stock shit broke someone worked on an upgrade. Weather it was a trans or axles or chassis braces and so on. There was no cop out its too hard on this or that. I bought an AWD car and I wanna cut 1.3 60ft on the street or strip. Another thing dragtimes barely has any times listed and the decent ones are shop cars.

Congrats on your AWD V10!

Not so many major aftermarket companies have warranty on their product. I think it's a great insurance for the amount of money being vested. Yup! Power is huge but I'm not sure how strong is the drivetrain after they are re-built with over-engineered parts. Cutting a 1.3 60ft will be tough on parts especially when there's traction. Eventually something has to give or what not. Anyhow, if it's backed by warranty, launch that SOB! lol! Anyway, good luck and be safe on getting there. :)