Yet another exhaust question

VCR

So I have 100% confirmation from Lamborghini that there is both a software and a hardware upgrade to the Aventador's exhaust.

The software remaps the ECU so the exhaust is louder and gives a 8.5% boost in the power & torque at 3000rpm. The hardware swaps out the muffler and tail pipe and gives "up to 10% power increase in the lower part of the RMP range" plus a weight reduction of 45lbs.

I know a few members here had done the software upgrade but has anyone done the hardware one? If so, how noticeable is the change please? And has anyone done both? Obviously, the combined power increase from both cannot be 18.5%.

The hardware upgrade is hideously expensive but it won't affect warranty, definitely no CEL and offers a slightly different look on the tail pipe.

What are you thoughts please?

My buddy just got the Lamborghini racing exhaust put on his new roadster and he isn't all that excited about it. He likes it, but doesn't think its worth the money. He had a Larini exhaust on his Aventador coupe, and he preferred that and it was like half the price. I have heard the Lamborghini racing exhaust in person, and while it sounds good, I don't know if it sounds that much better than just getting the software tune. I am going to see if I like the Kreissieg, and if I don't, I am leaving mine stock (with the exhaust software tune as it is now).

OEM is a rip. The software is one thing, it takes a half hour for a tech and is still gobs of money.

The aftermarket makes better systems for for better prices if you are looking for quality and a good system shouldn't trip your CEL regardless.

Safe to say this subject has been.....exhausted? ;) :lol2:

The racing exhaust, in my opinion, does not justify an additional 5 figure expenditure. For me, the software upgrade has been worthwhile and satisfactory.

Safe to say this subject has been.....exhausted? ;) :lol2:

Hence, I am expecting exhaustive feedback and replies on the issue. ;)

Whenever possible I like to go with the factory option, I had few unpleasant surprises with aftermarket exhaust systems and I won't be doing one in a hurry.

OEM is a lot more expensive but if you have a good relationship with your dealer it shouldn't be that bad, the dealer is the one who stings the most :icon_mrgreen:

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Whenever possible I like to go with the factory option, I had few unpleasant surprises with aftermarket exhaust systems and I won't be doing one in a hurry.

OEM is a lot more expensive but if you have a good relationship with your dealer it shouldn't be that bad, the dealer is the one who stings the most :icon_mrgreen:

I told you to grab an aftermarket exhaust, you didn't do it.

I told you to make new cheap spings for the 570, you didn't do it.

I told you to grab an aftermarket exhaust, you didn't do it.

I told you to make new cheap spings for the 570, you didn't do it.

I did the exhaust, it sounded rubbish (Capristo) you are correct about the suspension I didn't want to take the angle grinder to the springs so I got conned by a guy here on LP who sold me new after market suspension (forgot the brand) which he claimed it had front lift but it didn't :icon_mrgreen:

While the car was on the hoist pulled apart the Lambo mechanic called me and said this suspension doesn't have the lift kit LOL.

Before I bought it the vendor assured me many times that his suspension comes with the lift kit, he was very articulated online and before the sale but after he pretended he couldn't speak English :lol2:

I am done with the mods I will stick with OEM.

Thank you. Completely agree with your mindset. OEM is the safest bet as it won't jeopardize the warranty. Even when one gets questioned by the cops on being excessively loud, one can say it is an OEM part directly from the original manufacturer --- which it completely is.