New preparation on Superleggera 530

Vince_1972

Hello everyone!

I'm new here :) After mechanical preparation on my Aston Martin Vantage, I start a new project on my Lamborghini Superleggera 530 2008.

The pics:

140703122203967609.jpg

502781843_v1_2_Big.jpg

502781843_v1_3_Big.jpg

502781843_v1_8_Big.jpg

502781843_v1_7_Big.jpg

For the preparation, i don't want to work with turbo, but stay with a naturally aspirated engine. For me, a Lamborghini isn't a turbo car.

After passing on the dyno (stock), we found 502 hp and 512 Nm

Here's what I'm going to do it:

1. Changing the mapping completely tailor-made on the dyno (Alientech Italia)

2. Carbon air box (Carbonio or Tecnocraft or other)

3. diameter air intake

4. catalysts

5. silencer

6. ?

the goal is to reach around 600 hp and 600 Nm

If anyone has any advice for me or help me, I would be very happy :icon_thumleft:

Thanks!

Curve after Alientech's work:

It is 540hp / 536Nm, a gain of 40hp and 23Nm

15032505494295591.jpg

Alientech did a lot of work! gained 40 hp on atmo, just with programming, it is very strong. It was a big concern for air flow, the engine chokes and filters are super grimey. Alientech has already made a principle of adjustment with a larger air flow (butterflies and air box) for following the preparation.

Fabspeed Motorsport offers a great solution for the Superleggera!! Our Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System removes the bulky and restrictive factory muffler system and replaces it with a quad resonated X-pipe that allows exhaust gasses to mix and create an intoxicating tone! While improving the sound of your Superleggera, the Supersport X-Pipe also picks up great power, improves throttle response and also saves 55lbs over the stock system.

Please contact me directly or your closest authorized Fabspeed dealer for more details and pricing.

Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System

Lamborghini_Gallardo_Supersport_X_Pipe_P

Thanks for your answer.

Do you have a dyno curve? I'ts very important for me to have an idea of the curve.

If you are looking for more power I would recommend the Carbon Fiber Supercup Exhaust System, it is a bit more aggressive. This system contains one single carbon fiber wrapped resonator instead of the quad resonated X-Pipe.

Please contact myself directly or your local Fabspeed authorized dealer for more information and pricing!

Gallardo_Carbon_Fiber_Supercup_Product__

> Here the stock dyno curve made March 18:

With a 530 HP rating, and somewhere in the 15-20% loss range, a stock 2008 SL tends to dyno at about 440 WHP -- nowhere near 500.

> Here the stock dyno curve made March 18:

With a 530 HP rating, and somewhere in the 15-20% loss range, a stock 2008 SL tends to dyno at about 440 WHP -- nowhere near 500.

You are right when you speak of power to the wheel, that is, without correcting the losses!

In Europe, it is rather the power to the engine, transmission losses calculated by the dynamometer as the powers announced by car manufacturers.

The Supeleggera 530 is called "530" because it is the engine power it should have the engine (no wheels). But, unfortunately, the Superleggera 530 stock never much more than 500 hp / motor.

Throttle Body of the 570 received!

I will replace those of my Superleggera that have a smaller diameter. I do not think to have a gain power but on the torque I think the difference will be significant!

Throttle Body of the 570 received!

I will replace those of my Superleggera that have a smaller diameter. I do not think to have a gain power but on the torque I think the difference will be significant!

Are sure they are even any different?

Yes, the THROTTLE BODY of the 5.2 L is the same the Audi R8 GT, with a bigger inner diameter

The reference number 0f 500/520/530 is 7D133062

p1190611_1.jpg

The reference number of 550/560/570 is 07L133062F

Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP560-LP550-LP570-T

Yes, the THROTTLE BODY of the 5.2 L is the same the Audi R8 GT, with a bigger inner diameter

The reference number 0f 500/520/530 is 7D133062

p1190611_1.jpg

The reference number of 550/560/570 is 07L133062F

Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP560-LP550-LP570-T

Hi. Can you share what type of setup you have with your Air Intakes (filter). Also how does that dyno accounts for the power on the front wheels sins its 4 WD?

Thx.

> You are right when you speak of power to the wheel, that is, without correcting the losses!

> In Europe, it is rather the power to the engine, transmission losses calculated by the dynamometer as the powers announced by car manufacturers.

>

> The Supeleggera 530 is called "530" because it is the engine power it should have the engine (no wheels). But, unfortunately, the Superleggera 530 stock never much more than 500 hp / motor.

Your dyno screen shot shows a factor of 85% in the upper right corner.

Assuming only 15% drive train loss is a bit low for the Gallardo's AWD.

Factoring in a more realistic loss, your ~500 estimate is actually closer

to ~520. Which in turn isn't very far off from the 'promised' 530 rating.

> You are right when you speak of power to the wheel, that is, without correcting the losses!

> In Europe, it is rather the power to the engine, transmission losses calculated by the dynamometer as the powers announced by car manufacturers.

>

> The Supeleggera 530 is called "530" because it is the engine power it should have the engine (no wheels). But, unfortunately, the Superleggera 530 stock never much more than 500 hp / motor.

Your dyno screen shot shows a factor of 85% in the upper right corner.

Assuming only 15% drive train loss is a bit low for the Gallardo's AWD.

Factoring in a more realistic loss, your ~500 estimate is actually closer

to ~520. Which in turn isn't very far off from the 'promised' 530 rating.

Hello,

in fact, 85% have nothing to do with the loss. Only the operating range for power.

We begin to 50km / h and stops before the rev.

The loss is between 19-21%

Hi. Can you share what type of setup you have with your Air Intakes (filter). Also how does that dyno accounts for the power on the front wheels sins its 4 WD?

Thx.

Hi,

For the diameter of the Throttle Bodyth isn't the same outside diameter as I thought ..., it should be mounted with an adapter because the outside diameter are not the same (74mm -> 82mm).

The adapter will be completed Monday.

OEM WHP: ~420 HP

Mod ECU WHP: ~450 HP

Mod ECU without filters WHP: ~460 HP

I consider 20% loss

We repeated several dynos.

Here the old curve (502 hp/ 512 Nm) :

150407090450951433.jpg

The new, a little better than the last at 540 hp/ 536 Nm (543 hp/ 554 Nm):):

150407091121230356.jpg

We made a dyno without filters for fun and we have 550 hp :D

150407100511540866.jpg

three sets of curves:

YCpeCv.gif

600HP while staying NA is going to be pushing it but will be fun to follow! Also I must compliment you on having an S2000 for the track!

Too bad the sound was overpowering the microphone. In person that exhaust must sound insane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The coils is changed, the injectors (4 bar instead of 3 bars) and the spark plugs by keeping the same used by vehicles of the Lamborghini races.

Just to show the difference, the original Body Throttle is at the back of the picture, the big of the LP 570 was ahead with adaptation of the play we made.

You can see the size difference!

150414080221809231.jpg

Some update soon ;)