Trunk light, how does it operate?

Jag_lars

How does your trunk light work?

Manual on/off, directly on the light?

Turns on with the interior light?

Turns on as the trunk lid is opended closed?

turns on when the interior lights are on regardless of lid open or closed (There's no switch on the lid). Shows you how Lamborghini keeps costs/weight down. On a Mercedes there would not only be a switch, but a warning indicator on the dash when the bulb has burned out.

turns on when the interior lights are on regardless of lid open or closed (There's no switch on the lid). Shows you how Lamborghini keeps costs/weight down. On a Mercedes there would not only be a switch, but a warning indicator on the dash when the bulb has burned out.

Thanks, I suspected that to be the case.

In my 99SV the light in the trunk comes on when the doors are open. The interior and trunk light are on the same timer. All will go off in a few minutes.

I am a little puzzled. Mine follows the intrument lights (same as headlights/drivibg lights)

So driving around at night the trunk light is actually on.

did you have the door open when you checked the trunk? Start the car, turn on the driving lights, close the door. Interior lights should be out and trunk light as well.

did you have the door open when you checked the trunk? Start the car, turn on the driving lights, close the door. Interior lights should be out and trunk light as well.

Good point. Doors where open, but so long that the interior light went off.

Trunk light following the exterior light does not make sense to me, as you can not open to trunk lid on a Diablo with the pop-up lights up.... :)