Info needed on a 2005 coupe

pongc

Hi everyone- I need help again with info on the following Murci

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121648798317

I went to see the car and physically its in great condition. I put down a deposit and bringing to PPI next thursday. Want to know if anyone has info on this car.

Some areas of concern

- there are no records in the autocheck report since 2010. According to owner he did maintenance, but I guess the PPI will confirm that?

- Believe there is a scheduled service at 10k - should this be in the report/should I find a shop that can find that out using some special lambo computer/tools?

- Pricewise I think its a good deal - 130k for 2005/~10k miles. any opinions on this?

- based on my research I think 2005 is a good year for the Murci as its the second e-gear year, plus the brake issue were addressed- any negative thing I should know?

thanks for any input!

Car looks good. Dif may be blown due to aftermarket wheels. There is no special 10k service. Electronics sometimes mess with battery drainage and the oem electrics. Get an egear snapshot. Very important at 10k miles. I'll bet the car needs a new clutch which will cost $7k all told

Thanks. Current owner had paperwork which indicated the clutch was changed at 5k, but I guess only another reading will tell.

He does have the original wheels as well- should I request to have those reinstalled instead?

Thanks. Current owner had paperwork which indicated the clutch was changed at 5k, but I guess only another reading will tell.

He does have the original wheels as well- should I request to have those reinstalled instead?

At this point it doesn't matter. If the damage is done it's done. I'd see if he could throw in the OEM's as part of the deal or yes, take the OEM hercules wheels as they are highly regarded OEM wheels.

check front shocks for leak

check front lift system

check door locks

look for any grinding noise in differential

verify service is up to date - all fluids, filters. plugs are due at 15k

look for scrapes and chips along bottom of front bumper and side skirts

check front shocks for leak

check front lift system

check door locks

look for any grinding noise in differential

verify service is up to date - all fluids, filters. plugs are due at 15k

look for scrapes and chips along bottom of front bumper and side skirts

Have you ever found one that has no scrapes under the front bumper? If so I bet it has just has a re spray or never been driven.

Have you ever found one that has no scrapes under the front bumper? If so I bet it has just has a re spray or never been driven.

My buddy's car came with a hole in the bumper from scraping. lp640 bumper is lower. I've seen clean early murci bumper that is undamaged.

Results of the PPI

lambo_ppi.png

The good

- compression is at 155-160

- clutch wear at 2.02mm (~65% life left)

- No pending codes in control units

- no scratches under front bumper

The bad

- small leak in front diff

- small leak in front engine seal

- small leak in power steering

leak1.jpg

leak2.jpg

leak3.jpg

The place that did the PPI indicated that the leaks are nothing major and common for cars that are ~10 yr old and did not need to be repaired, and suggested just checking fluids often. I am semi-skeptical about this.

Side note - The owner did offer to include the original hercules wheels for $3k more.

How much leaking? Front engine...are we talking rear main seal which is an engine out of front of engine like valve cover area. The former is an engine out repair so I'd be more concerned about that. If it's just a few drops of oil, these cars have a large capacity so I wouldn't be as concerned about a small leak. Just have the seals replaced during the next engine out and check levels on a normal basis.

They just said it was "Front engine seal". I cannot make out which picture is for the leak in question. Attaching a few more to see if that helps.

leak4.jpg

leak5.jpg

Either way, if they are small leaks then no big deal IMO. Eventually you will need a clutch or some other reason for the engine to come out and you replace the seals then. I remember hearing the saying with these older cars, mostly Diablos and older, that if the car ISN'T leaking any fluids then something IS wrong.