E-Gear Randomly Skipping Third and/or Shifting to N

Lefty

Hey guys - been loving my '06 E-Gear VI car so far. We've had very few days in PA to really enjoy the car, so I've been taking her out when I can. Recently noticed an issue today. Drove the car to work, and most of the evening. I would so I drove it pretty hard (some good spirited driving) this evening. No issues until about an hour ago. Went to drop some things off at a friends, and downshifted to 2nd, made my turn, went to click to third and it jumped to 4th.

So I downshift, and it goes down to third. Figured it was a computer glitch, so I continued on. Came up to a stop light, bumped to neutral and coasted up to it. Got out of first, then went to second, and this time I went to go up to third & it went Neutral (had an obnoxious rev). Had to click up again and it went into fourth. Right away, I clicked back down to see if it would hit third and it did.

It was doing this pretty much about 75% of the time the rest of the 15 minute trip home.

No CEL for it, no E-Gear notifications; nothing. Anybody else experience this? I apologize if there's a common thread on it or if I missed it.

Just makes me nervous as I want to enjoy the car, but obviously can't have this happening.

Take it to a mechanic with lambo computer.

Check egear fluid first.

Reprogram the transmission settings, reset the PIS settings basically like a new clutch install. If that's not the issue, replace magneti marelli ever pump for $500 or less in 15 mins and test again.

Short of a major problem, that will be it.

Take it to a mechanic with lambo computer.

Check egear fluid first.

Reprogram the transmission settings, reset the PIS settings basically like a new clutch install. If that's not the issue, replace magneti marelli ever pump for $500 or less in 15 mins and test again.

Short of a major problem, that will be it.

Is resetting in a pre-LP car the same as an LP. Hold the paddles in for 20 seconds... or something close to that, with the ignition turned forward...

Mike

My Murci did the same thing... it was always around 3rd gear. Jeff at Newport realigned the actuator and its been great since. I also didn't get any egear lights.... I don't know if its engine out on the G.

Is resetting in a pre-LP car the same as an LP. Hold the paddles in for 20 seconds... or something close to that, with the ignition turned forward...

Mike

When I was in Boston last year I asked the Lambo tech whether holding in the paddles for the 20+/- seconds did anything to reset anything relating to the egear.

He was not aware of this and said it wouldn't hurt but he didn't think it did anything. I had been told he was well trained on Lambos and had been working on them for about 4 years (also did Bentley's and other marques sold by Chambers). When he explained the service on my car he was very knowledgeable and answered all my many questions. I don't know how he would rank amongst lambo techs so I've no way to know if his answer carries any weight.