Murcie popping out of 1st, E Gear

DiabloChad42

Car scans with 30% clutch wear. Error codes 1741 and 1742 showing up. PIS set to 4.9. Any ideas what it may be? E gear pump turns on when doors opens. No other issues. Car drove fine for several hundred miles. This happens under any situation. Hard accelerate or crawling from a

stop. Ideas?

I thought someone else had this problem before, some sort of actuator maybe? I don't recall for sure.

Yeah I've seen everything from actuators to battery issues. Car has 4k miles on the odo.

Could be the throttle position sensor, a leak in the hydraulic e-gear lines, actuator failure, or clutch wear. Have you only owned it for a few hundred miles? Not at all uncommon for a 70% remaining clutch to be decimated during shipping by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Could be the throttle position sensor, a leak in the hydraulic e-gear lines, actuator failure, or clutch wear. Have you only owned it for a few hundred miles? Not at all uncommon for a 70% remaining clutch to be decimated during shipping by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Agreed. Yes. I've only owned for a few hundred miles. Car had PPI done and passed with flying colors according to dealer...then 3 days later showed up with 10-15% more wear and smelled to high heaven. Clutch odor went away after a few days. Now this. Do u think popping out of gear could be caused from clutch? I thought when clutch goes it goes completely. In this situation as soon as light goes on and car disables...after 15 mins it's fine. Until the next time.

Agreed. Yes. I've only owned for a few hundred miles. Car had PPI done and passed with flying colors according to dealer...then 3 days later showed up with 10-15% more wear and smelled to high heaven. Clutch odor went away after a few days. Now this. Do u think popping out of gear could be caused from clutch? I thought when clutch goes it goes completely. In this situation as soon as light goes on and car disables...after 15 mins it's fine. Until the next time.

End of life symptoms for a clutch on one of these cars can manifest in a variety of ways. It is not uncommon for them to function ok in some circumstances and not at all in others. Bear in mind that the indicator in the cluster is showing the request based on the paddles/R button rather than the actual position of the gearbox. If the smell persisted for days, you can fairly safely assume that is your culprit. Murci's are hard cars to load on trucks due to the width and the challenge of slowly creeping up ramps. I recommend a lift gate trailer for any Murci transport.

Could be potentiometers... If your in SoCal take it to newport... Mine had issues into/out of 3rd gear... Jeff found the actuator out of line, set it and car runs like a swiss watch