LOC Exhaust

sulley

Hi Guys

Looking at replacing the stock exhaust muffler box, but keeping the standard 6.0 tips which I love. Really from what I've seen, there are two options:-

LOC or Quicksilver.

I'm also looking at the decat pipes. So my main question is ...

Mine is an aussie delivered car, so I'm guessing it has the standard 2 cats only, not the american 4. Are the decat pipes getting rid of the extra 2 that you guys in the US have? Or is it replacing the normal 2 cats on a std car?

In terms of noise and experience, everyone seems to rave about the LOC in the USA and the guys in Aussie tend to have the Quicksilver. Thoughts?? I prefer throating and roaring (lower pitch), to shouting and screaming (higher pitch)

I'm assuming removing the 49kg box and replacing with either set of pipes will see a decrease in weight and an uplift in power. I'm also guessing if the decat pipes are fitted, there will be an even greater uplift in power.

What about the Check Engine Lights ... are these pipes good to ensure they don't come on? Is there a trick to ensuring the lights don't come on when fitting? My udnerstanding is the lambda sensor is usually on the manifold closer to the engine?

Anyone who's actually fitted the LOC I'd like to know.

Anyone got pictures??

Cheers

Andre

Hi Guys

Looking at replacing the stock exhaust muffler box, but keeping the standard 6.0 tips which I love. Really from what I've seen, there are two options:-

LOC or Quicksilver.

I'm also looking at the decat pipes. So my main question is ...

Mine is an aussie delivered car, so I'm guessing it has the standard 2 cats only, not the american 4. Are the decat pipes getting rid of the extra 2 that you guys in the US have? Or is it replacing the normal 2 cats on a std car?

In terms of noise and experience, everyone seems to rave about the LOC in the USA and the guys in Aussie tend to have the Quicksilver. Thoughts?? I prefer throating and roaring (lower pitch), to shouting and screaming (higher pitch)

I'm assuming removing the 49kg box and replacing with either set of pipes will see a decrease in weight and an uplift in power. I'm also guessing if the decat pipes are fitted, there will be an even greater uplift in power.

What about the Check Engine Lights ... are these pipes good to ensure they don't come on? Is there a trick to ensuring the lights don't come on when fitting? My udnerstanding is the lambda sensor is usually on the manifold closer to the engine?

Anyone who's actually fitted the LOC I'd like to know.

Anyone got pictures??

Cheers

Andre

FABSPEED Dollar for dollar. Especially over LOC

If you don't have secondary cats (non-US car), then you don't need to buy aftermarket secondary cat delete pipes.

Quicksilver will be louder than LOC/LNB.

RSC might work with the 6.0 tips. . . or just delete the rear bumper and have some custom rear tips made. :D

• 2 weeks later...