SV exhaust to quiet

Bld

I took delivery of my SV last Thursday. Amazed at how different it is than my 2012 LP 700. Much crisper and precise. However, the exhaust is way to quiet, especially at lower rpm. My dealer said they installed the exhaust software update, and that appears to have lowered the rpm range when the valve opens to between 2,500 and 3,000 rpm. However, below that rpm it is very quiet - no way the valve can be open at low rpm. Anyone else notice this?

The LP 700 had an optional exhaust valve override that I believe kept the valve open at all rpm. My dealer tells me that is not available on the SV, only the software upgrade I already have.

I had a Capristo remote exhaust controller on my LP 700, and that solved my sound concern on that car. I'm wonderng if one is available for the SV, and if it would give better low rpm sound.

Interested in any thoughts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the software program in my SV also. I put it in sport mode and find the valve open right away as long as the car is warmed up. It is quiet in strada, the program does nothing in that mode. I find even at low rpm, under 5k, it downshifts aggressively with nice loud rev matching. There are lot so pops and crackles on throttle let off. For my tastes it sounds great, and everyone outside the car seems to like it as well. I saw a video of a yellow SV in florida that had the Lamborghini race exhaust installed, that sounded quite loud. Maybe that is a good option for you.

I have the software program in my SV also. I put it in sport mode and find the valve open right away as long as the car is warmed up. It is quiet in strada, the program does nothing in that mode. I find even at low rpm, under 5k, it downshifts aggressively with nice loud rev matching. There are lot so pops and crackles on throttle let off. For my tastes it sounds great, and everyone outside the car seems to like it as well. I saw a video of a yellow SV in florida that had the Lamborghini race exhaust installed, that sounded quite loud. Maybe that is a good option for you.

I always drive in either Sport or Corsa mode. It just seems very quiet below 3,000 rpm. I agree at higher rpm it sounds good, including the pops and crackles. I'll pay more attention next time afte the engine warms up to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

I always drive in either Sport or Corsa mode. It just seems very quiet below 3,000 rpm. I agree at higher rpm it sounds good, including the pops and crackles. I'll pay more attention next time afte the engine warms up to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Ask the mechanic at the dealer to disconnect the two exhaust valve tubes- plug them with a screw and wire tie them up.

The valves will always be open - downside is you are always loud lots of guys use the Capristo I have an extra prefer hard wiring a switch.

Ask the mechanic at the dealer to disconnect the two exhaust valve tubes- plug them with a screw and wire tie them up.

The valves will always be open - downside is you are always loud lots of guys use the Capristo I have an extra prefer hard wiring a switch.

I want the option of having the valves closed, for those early morning departures when I want to save relations with my neighbors. I agree, I would rather have a hard wire switch. How have you done that? Is there a kit available?

I took delivery of my SV last Thursday. Amazed at how different it is than my 2012 LP 700. Much crisper and precise. However, the exhaust is way to quiet, especially at lower rpm. My dealer said they installed the exhaust software update, and that appears to have lowered the rpm range when the valve opens to between 2,500 and 3,000 rpm. However, below that rpm it is very quiet - no way the valve can be open at low rpm. Anyone else notice this?

The LP 700 had an optional exhaust valve override that I believe kept the valve open at all rpm. My dealer tells me that is not available on the SV, only the software upgrade I already have.

I had a Capristo remote exhaust controller on my LP 700, and that solved my sound concern on that car. I'm wonderng if one is available for the SV, and if it would give better low rpm sound.

Interested in any thoughts.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the SV compared your 2012 aventador?! worth the extra coin?

I think I'm going with capristo exhaust when mine comes in.. I want the aggressive v12 sound!

I want the option of having the valves closed, for those early morning departures when I want to save relations with my neighbors. I agree, I would rather have a hard wire switch. How have you done that? Is there a kit available?

Ask your mechanic and service manager to help you out with $'s in hand off the record during a long lunch break.

Had it done on several Ferrari's - sometimes I placed the switch underneath the dash along with a second switch for the radar shut off.

16M had an open slot for the switch it looks factory.

The kit would be Capristo I don't like keychains batteries remotes.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the SV compared your 2012 aventador?! worth the extra coin?

I think I'm going with capristo exhaust when mine comes in.. I want the aggressive v12 sound!

Perfect - hope it doesn't cause any CEL's have it on the 16M hp gain was 30+

If you see any dyno's please share.

Perfect - hope it doesn't cause any CEL's will most likely do the same have it on the 16M hp gain was 30+

hopefully is right! 30hp is a nice gain!

can you post a pic of your Z28? I love the old muscle cars

The SV drives like a totally different car. Its handling is crisp and sharp. Cornering is dramatically improved. While brutally powerful, it feels completely under control, in contrast to the LP 700 which just felt brutal. The LP 700 always did what I told it to, but it often seemed like it did not want to and did it only grudgingly. The SV seems to be anxious to respond to my every command, responding precisely the instant I tell it to.

I also like the more raw feeling in the cockpit, with no sound deadening and lots of carbon fibre.

To my taste, the SV is more than worth the extra money. While I enjoyed the LP 700 a lot, it was never a car I thought I would keep forever. I can't imagine being willing to let the SV go.

Ask your mechanic and service manager to help you out with $'s in hand off the record during a long lunch break.

Had it done on several Ferrari's - sometimes I placed the switch underneath the dash along with a second switch for the radar shut off.

16M had an open slot for the switch it looks factory.

The kit would be Capristo I don't like keychains batteries remotes.

Good thought.

The SV drives like a totally different car. Its handling is crisp and sharp. Cornering is dramatically improved. While brutally powerful, it feels completely under control, in contrast to the LP 700 which just felt brutal. The LP 700 always did what I told it to, but it often seemed like it did not want to and did it only grudgingly. The SV seems to be anxious to respond to my every command, responding precisely the instant I tell it to.

I also like the more raw feeling in the cockpit, with no sound deadening and lots of carbon fibre.

To my taste, the SV is more than worth the extra money. While I enjoyed the LP 700 a lot, it was never a car I thought I would keep forever. I can't imagine being willing to let the SV go.

:icon_super: nice write up! this seems to be the norm from owners.

solid advice

We call it "pulling the plug" my car is defening!!! here is the picture of the designer of the wrap... a 14 year old... the day he heard me turn my car on :

pull the plug man! the SV is a prius from the factory

post-93516-1445634800_thumb.jpg

Thank you this is the review I wanted to hear :icon_mrgreen:, now could you please describe the differences if any in the transmission shifts and overall feel? TIA.

Also in relation to your sound dilemma, I selected Capristo for my 570 SL, beautiful exhaust to look at and impeccable workmanship but I highly disliked the sound, the car also felt kind of sluggish after the install, I'd never do it again, that's just my experience with Capristo.

Thank you this is the review I wanted to hear :icon_mrgreen:, now could you please describe the differences if any in the transmission shifts and overall feel? TIA.

Also in relation to your sound dilemma, I selected Capristo for my 570 SL, beautiful exhaust to look at and impeccable workmanship but I highly disliked the sound, the car also felt kind of sluggish after the install, I'd never do it again, that's just my experience with Capristo.

As a bit of background, when I first got my 2012 LP 700, the transmission was a joke. Difficult to drive, and not enjoyable. I regretted my decision to buy the car. After the software upgrades, the transmission was very livable.

The transmission in the SV is an evolution of the LP 700 transmission. Much better on take off from a dead stop. Generally sharper and more precise than on my LP 700. I am still following the break in routine (no full throttle acceleration, not above 6000 rpm), so I can't say much about the transmission in my SV under heavy use. I did ride and drive in one at Quail in Monterey, and while shifting hard in Corsa mode under heavy use, it was harsh but less violent than my LP 700 was.

Bottom line, so far I am very happy with the transmission in my SV - much happier than with that in my LP 700. While not as good as what I have in my 430 Scuderia, I much prefer it to a double clutch system. The ISR in my SV is relatively smooth, yet still allows me to feel the shifts and retains some of the character of a manual clutch under heavy acceleration. I definitely would not trade the ISR in the SV for any double clutch system that I have driven.

As a bit of background, when I first got my 2012 LP 700, the transmission was a joke. Difficult to drive, and not enjoyable. I regretted my decision to buy the car. After the software upgrades, the transmission was very livable.

The transmission in the SV is an evolution of the LP 700 transmission. Much better on take off from a dead stop. Generally sharper and more precise than on my LP 700. I am still following the break in routine (no full throttle acceleration, not above 6000 rpm), so I can't say much about the transmission in my SV under heavy use. I did ride and drive in one at Quail in Monterey, and while shifting hard in Corsa mode under heavy use, it was harsh but less violent than my LP 700 was.

Bottom line, so far I am very happy with the transmission in my SV - much happier than with that in my LP 700. While not as good as what I have in my 430 Scuderia, I much prefer it to a double clutch system. The ISR in my SV is relatively smooth, yet still allows me to feel the shifts and retains some of the character of a manual clutch under heavy acceleration. I definitely would not trade the ISR in the SV for any double clutch system that I have driven.

Thank you very much for your time, few more questions if you don't mind, have you had the opportunity to test drive a Huracan? What did you think if you did, transmission in particular.

Sorry to ask all these questions, I am kind of paranoid about the tranny in the SV after test driving a 2015 LP700.

Thank you very much for your time, few more questions if you don't mind, have you had the opportunity to test drive a Huracan? What did you think if you did, transmission in particular.

Sorry to ask all these questions, I am kind of paranoid about the tranny in the SV after test driving a 2015 LP700.

Fortis, stop beating yourself up about the gearbox. It's only one aspect of the car.

I haven't driven a Huracan yet, so can't compare them.

solid advice

We call it "pulling the plug" my car is defening!!! here is the picture of the designer of the wrap... a 14 year old... the day he heard me turn my car on :

pull the plug man! the SV is a prius from the factory

That is a great photo - kid went from baller to balling :)

hopefully is right! 30hp is a nice gain!

can you post a pic of your Z28? I love the old muscle cars

It's had a full restoration. Installed a dz302 with corvette heads - original dz with ram air sits in storage with the rosewood steering wheel.

Son wants an exotic the Z may be on it's way out tossed him the keys when he said you know it's my b-day today completely forgot had the keys in my hand. Suggested over a year grab a 92 TR512 when they were 100k now at 250k he realizes his dad every once in awhile is right plus that was his birth year. Silly Kids!

post-213219-1445695244_thumb.jpg

Thank you Bld you've been very helpful.

No problem. The SV is so much better than the LP 700, want to be sure anyone considering one realizes how good it is. Just got back from a morning ride, and realizing more each time I drive it what a keeper it is.

No problem. The SV is so much better than the LP 700, want to be sure anyone considering one realizes how good it is. Just got back from a morning ride, and realizing more each time I drive it what a keeper it is.

Had a good felling about the SV since the ring video - it's going to be one of those you don't ever let go.

The single clutch agree won't ever get better than the Scud / 16M but that may be due to the sheer weight of the SV.

Post a Kodak moment!

Now I am anxious to experience it myself, thank you!

We won't mind if you want to share few photos :icon_thumleft: