Help on fitting LP640 ceramic front brake set onto Murcielago

alecela

Dear experts,

I need help again:

Does anyone have experience fitting the LP640 ceramic front brake set (disc + 6 pot caliper) onto 02 Murcielago? I'm trying to achieve this by fabricating an adaptor but the engineering company that does the fabrication says the head of my hub (?) is simply too big to fit the ceramic disc + new caliper???

I will visit him tomorrow to try to understand why but I'm turning to the expert here for help in the meantime! Is it truly impossible????

As some of you may recall, I'm the poor chap w/ 19" wheels & tires package: Pirelli P zero 245/30/19 vs 355/25/19. I've been looking for the rear tires for the past 2yrs anticipating that my current tires are aging but no luck.

I'm giving up on hoping that Pirelli will remake these and more importantly, I don't want to deal w/ these hassles of tires locating in the future, hence I'm leaning heavily toward reverting back to 18" wheels.

The problem is that the current front brake set, upgraded with 380mm steel disc & 8 pot brembo caliper, runs a total of 17.1" in diameter so literally impossible to fit into the interior of 18" wheels. (I've checked w/ two wheels manufacturer!)

Knowing that the LP640 ceramic brake set works w/ 18" Hercueles/Hermera wheels, I thought it was a good idea to improve the brake performance further while enabling me to use 18" wheels hence solving my tire problem.

Obviously speaking to the seller, he was positive that the brake set would fit my car w/ no or little modification...

As such, any help in achieving this would be GREATLY appreciated. My last option is to go back to stock Murcielago front brake set which is definitely not something I want to do...

(FYI, I've also looked at the brembo GT brake set, contrary to popular belief, w/ the disc at 405mm and 463mm total diameter including the caliper, it's already standing at 18.22" which obviously is IMPOSSIBLE to fit into 18" wheels.)

Any alternative OTHER than the stock 355mm disc + 4 pot caliper that FITS WITHIN 18" wheels, would also be greatly appreciated.

Any alternative OTHER than the stock 355mm disc + 4 pot caliper that FITS WITHIN 18" wheels, would also be greatly appreciated.

What Hubs are you using? Your original ones? They have entirely different hubs for the Ceramic brake cars, I'd know I have them :). Go talk to Sean at High Tech Exotic, he knows a few things about the project you are attempting, we spoke before about him trying to do something like that. But since I have the CCBs I didnt dive in too deeply with him, but he knows all the parts thats needed.

Thanks,

Jon

What Hubs are you using? Your original ones? They have entirely different hubs for the Ceramic brake cars, I'd know I have them :). Go talk to Sean at High Tech Exotic, he knows a few things about the project you are attempting, we spoke before about him trying to do something like that. But since I have the CCBs I didnt dive in too deeply with him, but he knows all the parts thats needed.

Thanks,

Jon

Yes I was 'trying' to fit the ceramic brakes onto my Murcielago stock wheel hub. Needless to say it totally failed. I shall give Sean a call and see...

So in order to retrofit ceramic brakes onto your 06 roadster, may I know exact what you got? The front wheel hubs, the ceramic brakes & rotors, anything else? Would you happen to have the parts number for the wheel hubs? Tx.

Yes I was 'trying' to fit the ceramic brakes onto my Murcielago stock wheel hub. Needless to say it totally failed. I shall give Sean a call and see...

So in order to retrofit ceramic brakes onto your 06 roadster, may I know exact what you got? The front wheel hubs, the ceramic brakes & rotors, anything else? Would you happen to have the parts number for the wheel hubs? Tx.

Mine are OEM, I didnt retro, but I have seen the differences between the two. Again Sean at High Tech Exotic is familiar with the process. Its pretty expensive, as lots of things changed to support the change in brakes.

Not to be a douche, but I think it would be cheaper to get a 640 with ceramics. The parts alone would probably cost you 30-40K

Look what he has already invested in an appearance package to make it look like an lp670 SV