Where have all of the early Diablos gone?

IanMan

I've been watching the market since I was a kid and it seems like there are rarely any earlier diablos to be had. A year ago there used to be 4 or 5 for sale at a time in the sub $100K range. The only ones I know of right now, are the 1991 in Canada and Chipster's, if that's even around still.

Forgot to mention: I know about the two that Roy sold recently.

one year ago i remembered we chatted about countach and diablos

i thought the early diablos were great car for the money and good buy

i still feel they are

issue is in this market they look pretty cheap compared to many other exotics so i think most are not willing to sell them now

if you can find an early diablo for something over 100k$ i think it is time to buy before they will all be 200k$ and more

Have you checked with Steve at Interstate Motorsports?

He is currently showing (2) 1991 examples, a 1992, a 1995 and 1997. Not sure of the prices:

http://www.interstatemotorsport.com/new-je...ake=Lamborghini

Mike

Thanks, Mike!

Yeah I've seen those cars. They're asking waaaaaaay too much in the end compared to the current market value. I believe they want more than $210,000 for one of them. I think they're trying to boost the market, but if my job was to sell cars, of course that's what I would do. Still, though, I think there is a line of being priced fair and one of being too much. :eusa_think:

Shit, even their Huracan is priced $10K higher than a brand new one, even with 2000 miles on it! It's even got tacky looking stick on graphics. It's not like those cars are hard to find for a reasonable price right now. :lol2: Oh! and that's their internet price, haha.

When it's all said and done, I think anyone listing: "Contact for price" is trying to dick people around. Just be upfront about things.

The 210 car essentially has no miles so it's a collector. The other 91s and 92 are in the 160k +. I honestly don't know of an early Diablo on the market for less than mine. But I just sold my house and got into another so no worries if it doesn't sell.