UGR TTG in Europe?

RS4_europe

Hi all,

I was reading this forum for 2 months now as a guest. Really like the cars and it's projects over here.

It was time to register, and start with some basic questions that I have wrote down. Hope you guys can help me out.

I have read a lot about the tuners and there TT kits.. and my feelings says to go with UGR for the gallardo '06 Egear.

some basic questions (maby simpel ones, but just want some things to be clear)

** everyone here is talking about "WHP' that means that all the HP numbers are on the wheels? so add +10 - 20% for the HP on the flywheel?

Because in Europe everyone is talking about flywheel HP.

** Another thing is that I see a large difference in HP is the 'pump gas' or 'Race fuel' I get that, but 750HP Difference just for the fuel change?

our normal pump gas is; octane98, octane100, octane102 or at some fuelstations we can get E85.

So is there a sensor in the fuel that measures the alcohol%? and changes ECU-settings? or does ugr switches ECU settings with an controller or something?

This is probably not necessary because octane100 and octane102 will be the only fuel using in my case.

But still I'd like to know just for my information :)

** Is there any TTG in Europe? I had probably ask this directly to ugr but maby somebody here know's?

** Now I have a question that I really should ask ugr directly but I will give it a try (but maby it is good to have an public awnser for someone in my position);

How to get the TT-kit in Europe?

Shipping the car is probably very expensive and takes a long time by boat, shipping it by air costs a lot more?

So I was thinking about this for few days;

for stage 1; send Bosch ECU's to ugr and install the kit myself?

for stage 2: Ship engine, transmission etc to ugr, but then? installing wiring etc and build back the engine in the car is not the problem I think, but I need to ask how ugr feels about this. and if they can dyno the engine without the car around it?

I will contact ugr in the next few days, but before that I would like the input of the forum members over here.

Jep, issues for choosing a company on the other side of the ocean.... good job ugr :)

Sorry for some grammatical faults, remind that I am not from the States.

Greets to all,

Timothy

Hi all,

I was reading this forum for 2 months now as a guest. Really like the cars and it's projects over here.

It was time to register, and start with some basic questions that I have wrote down. Hope you guys can help me out.

I have read a lot about the tuners and there TT kits.. and my feelings says to go with UGR for the gallardo '06 Egear.

some basic questions (maby simpel ones, but just want some things to be clear)

** everyone here is talking about "WHP' that means that all the HP numbers are on the wheels? so add +10 - 20% for the HP on the flywheel?

Because in Europe everyone is talking about flywheel HP.

** Another thing is that I see a large difference in HP is the 'pump gas' or 'Race fuel' I get that, but 750HP Difference just for the fuel change?

our normal pump gas is; octane98, octane100, octane102 or at some fuelstations we can get E85.

So is there a sensor in the fuel that measures the alcohol%? and changes ECU-settings? or does ugr switches ECU settings with an controller or something?

This is probably not necessary because octane100 and octane102 will be the only fuel using in my case.

But still I'd like to know just for my information :)

** Is there any TTG in Europe? I had probably ask this directly to ugr but maby somebody here know's?

** Now I have a question that I really should ask ugr directly but I will give it a try (but maby it is good to have an public awnser for someone in my position);

How to get the TT-kit in Europe?

Shipping the car is probably very expensive and takes a long time by boat, shipping it by air costs a lot more?

So I was thinking about this for few days;

for stage 1; send Bosch ECU's to ugr and install the kit myself?

for stage 2: Ship engine, transmission etc to ugr, but then? installing wiring etc and build back the engine in the car is not the problem I think, but I need to ask how ugr feels about this. and if they can dyno the engine without the car around it?

I will contact ugr in the next few days, but before that I would like the input of the forum members over here.

Jep, issues for choosing a company on the other side of the ocean.... good job ugr :)

Sorry for some grammatical faults, remind that I am not from the States.

Greets to all,

Timothy

Whp is to the wheels, so yes, add approximately 15% to get to flywheel horsepower numbers.

Going to better fuels allows for higher boost pressures. E85 and race fuels provide improved knock protection. This means you can be more aggressive with the boost. That is what gives the increase in power output.

Do remember that your octane value may be slightly different than what we have in the US. In the US, we use the AKI standard. I believe Europe uses RON. So your RON octane value is higher than our AKI octane value, for the same equivalent fuel.

Whp is to the wheels, so yes, add approximately 15% to get to flywheel horsepower numbers.

Going to better fuels allows for higher boost pressures. E85 and race fuels provide improved knock protection. This means you can be more aggressive with the boost. That is what gives the increase in power output.

Do remember that your octane value may be slightly different than what we have in the US. In the US, we use the AKI standard. I believe Europe uses RON. So your RON octane value is higher than our AKI octane value, for the same equivalent fuel.

Not just boost.... Timing is the key. Good fuel = more timing and boost whoch equals greater power levels.

Welcome to the best place on the internet! Your English is very easy to understand so no worries there. Some of your questions have been answered already and UGR can answer the rest if you drop them a PM or email. I know a few of the Russian TT builds were shipped to the US and then back to Russia.

Do you have a car yet? I am guessing no. Are you in a LHD or RHD country? I am wondering if you can just source a car here in the US, have it TTd and then ship it over thereby saving you shipping in one direction.

Thank all for the reply's

I have got some PM's with a lot of help.

Also someone who has experience with shipping to the US.

So I will ask him about shipping etc.

we live in a LHD country, and I have an offer to trade-in my Audi RS6 780hp for an black 06 E-gear Gallardo.

I am fimilar with the Gallardo (my brother has a yellow '04), But I really don't want a yellow one.

Buying a car in the US, didn't think of that earlier, I can think about this! thanks!

What website(s) is commen to buy/sell used cars in the US?

First I need to know...is your RS6 a sedan or a wagon??? I have an S8 but have always dreamed of an RS6 Avant!

As for USA car websites check autotrader.com and ebay.com. you can also look at the sponsors of LP such as Roy Cats, Lambo Dallas, Exotic Car Search and the like. A few of them have experience with shipping internationally as well.

Finally Kevin and KC at UGR are frequent posters here...well at least Kevin is and they can help you will sourcing a car and getting it built at their shop. Just drop them a PM.

First I need to know...is your RS6 a sedan or a wagon??? I have an S8 but have always dreamed of an RS6 Avant!

As for USA car websites check autotrader.com and ebay.com. you can also look at the sponsors of LP such as Roy Cats, Lambo Dallas, Exotic Car Search and the like. A few of them have experience with shipping internationally as well.

Finally Kevin and KC at UGR are frequent posters here...well at least Kevin is and they can help you will sourcing a car and getting it built at their shop. Just drop them a PM.

I have a limousine (sedan). There are not many of them around but I personally don't like avant's.

I have also a RS4 B7 (441HP) also limousine, this is my dialy driver and I think one of the best cars on earth when it comes to handling.

The RS6 is only fun when on the highway going in a straight line. I am a bit bored of the car, so I would not recommend it if you have a Gallardo at home.

Also I have done some thinking about buying a car is the US, however... When I buy one in my country, there is no need to pay Import-taxes.

Also, in my country they calculate taxes upon the fuelconsumption and emmission-co2.

a few month back I was considering buying a Ford F150 - Raptor, but it costs +40% to have it on licenseplates here.

It is only for cars this way, I am an very big fan of wakeboarding and last year I bought my 2nd Mastercraft wakeboarding boat coming from the US.

uhm yes,... I was really born on the wrong continent:) but I had to pay only 1.7% import taxes on the boat and that was it.

I have also checked a Gallardo with a damaged engine. And when the engine needs to be rebuild maby that is the way to go.

Then I have more budget on the upgrade and more budget to get the whole cars shipped and shipped back.

Just considering....

• 3 weeks later...