lotus elise price - why such a jack up at the dealers???

zoomboy

hi, i went to the dealer to see the new lotus and all the mags say it 39k, but when i got to the dealer . they are all 47k . all 4 cars that they had. whats up with all the prices? are they all aroud 50k?

hi, i went to the dealer to see the new lotus and all the mags say it 39k, but when i got to the dealer . they are all 47k . all 4 cars that they had. whats up with all the prices? are they all aroud 50k?

Its Just another type of terrorism...

They have it you want it $$$. its never fare and then at the end of the deal they hit your with a gas tax. GRRRRR :x

Its Just another type of terrorism...

They have it you want it $$$. its never fare and then at the end of the deal they hit your with a gas tax. GRRRRR :x

and then depriciation on top of that

one guy paid $90,000 (including taxes) for an elise in my country. now that moron wants to sell it for $100,000 after a month.....I'm sure another moron will buy it.....

Thats insane - in California you can pick them up at msrp. There are also a lot coming back onto the used market right now, folks traded their boxsters and Z3's in for the Elise and now figure out they don't like them as a daily driver. I met one tool who's complaint was it doesn't have a cup holder and the ride is too hard!

I noticed that with the dealerships alot. I remember when i got the chance to see the new C6 POS in person. Sure it was used but they wanted 55grand and the car was used!, i remember the mags saying that the price was only 45grand.

I don't want even think about the Elise, Im sure the dealers here will sell those cars for around 65 or more starting.

one guy paid $90,000 (including taxes) for an elise in my country. now that moron wants to sell it for $100,000 after a month.....I'm sure another moron will buy it.....

:shock:

I have to come in your country with my car, and try to find a moron to sell my car @ 100,000$

:lol:

a very stupid question for foreign car owners in the US:

when you guys buy a brand new lambo, for example, how much tax do you need to pay to bring it to the US. I think the Murci Roadster costs about $330,000. does that include the tax price....?

a very stupid question for foreign car owners in the US:

when you guys buy a brand new lambo, for example, how much tax do you need to pay to bring it to the US. I think the Murci Roadster costs about $330,000. does that include the tax price....?

The BUYER of the Murci Roadster pays ONLY state sales tax.

Example- Price $330K + $19,800 sales tax ( $330,000 x 6% ) = $349,800 in Florida. That would be the price before any discount, or haggling.

Duty Tax for incoming vehicles to the US would be the responsibility of the Importer ( The Lambo Dealer here in the US ) or the responsibility of Lamborghini Spa in Italy. The Duty Tax is already factored into the $330K price at the Dealership.

-James Miller

thanks for the reply. in my country we have to pay about 100% to 150% tax depending on the size of the car's engine. if you are a minister or a member of the parliament, or if you have friends in the parliament, then you can get special discounts.

there is a Murci Roadster and an F430 rumoured to be coming (first Lambo and second F-car in my country!) by the end of the year. so the guy whose buying the lambo will probably end up paying about $550,000, assuming he has friends in high places.

Did you check what options the Elise's had? Some come with the sport pack or optional hardtop as examples. Plus the exchange rate is bad and Lotus had to up the msrp a bit. I know a dealer that will sell for msrp.