Stronger door struts?

sonnythebull

Another options is to open up the door panel and see if there is anything you can do to make the door lighter. Considering how heavy they made an all-carbon fiber car, I am sure there's something in there that could be removed.

I have a new set of struts waiting to go in my car because I noticed the passenger door will lift itself up, but the driver door needs help. So since my struts are the original 12 year old units, you can bet the new ones will have more lifting power. Yours aren't that old, but a new set will be stronger than your 8 year old ones.

I don't know if stronger ones are available or not but you can definitely make the OEM ones stronger by having them recharged. Although I am not sure if this is the wisest thing to do though. During summer, if you have the doors up for a while, say 15mins+ in the sun, you will have a hard time getting them to close. I.e. after a while in the heat, the struts become very stiff and you literally have to pull your body weight on them in order to close the doors. And that's a lot of compressed pressure in the struts while the doors are closed.

I don't know if stronger ones are available or not but you can definitely make the OEM ones stronger by having them recharged. Although I am not sure if this is the wisest thing to do though. During summer, if you have the doors up for a while, say 15mins+ in the sun, you will have a hard time getting them to close. I.e. after a while in the heat, the struts become very stiff and you literally have to pull your body weight on them in order to close the doors. And that's a lot of compressed pressure in the struts while the doors are closed.

haha I can only imagine what'd I look like doing that. I already look goofy enough trying to sit in mine as is!

Can you get stronger door struts for the lp640? I would like to open the door and have it go all the way up automatically instead of having to push it

Yes you can get stronger struts. However, there's a good chance that your struts have simply lost some of their oompf.

However, if you want to get stronger ones, contact Stabilis (they're the ones who make them. ) Tell them what number you have and they can recommend the next size up.

Also, make sure your hinges are well oiled.

Yes you can get stronger struts. However, there's a good chance that your struts have simply lost some of their oompf.

However, if you want to get stronger ones, contact Stabilis (they're the ones who make them. ) Tell them what number you have and they can recommend the next size up.

Also, make sure your hinges are well oiled.

Thanks