Will Aventador wheels fit on a murcie?

DiabloChad42

I know this has been asking before but I could have sworn I just saw a pic of one with the wheels on! Anyone have any details?? I am looking to change up my Savinis and haven't had a response to my post in weeks on any wheels for sale. Any ideas guys?

I know this has been asking before but I could have sworn I just saw a pic of one with the wheels on! Anyone have any details?? I am looking to change up my Savinis and haven't had a response to my post in weeks on any wheels for sale. Any ideas guys?

The answer is, yes, BUT not a direct fit and light modification. Whiteout sells a kit that you need to make them fit, and your car would need to have the rear wheel drive conversion.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...s+on+MURCIELAGO

To fit the Murci:

Front:

As shallow as possible wheel adapters

Shave down the mounting surface of the front wheels (to change offset)

E491DBE3-ED0C-4835-9CE5-E0C77811BD42_zps

Rear:

Massive wheel spacer

no spacer:

FFA8688F-8DC7-4855-966C-7FB074E335B9_zps

spacer:

A9E160E8-C4F9-497E-9233-168D535912A5_zps

I'd say shaving down the wheel hub surface is more than minor modification. How much material is actually removed.

Honestly I don't remember (and way too lazy to go through files to find it) but there was enough material on the wheels to remove a little. The hardest part was getting a narrow adapter that had enough rigidity to work, I want to say it was 12mm thick. The wheels look badass, but not worth the effort unless you REALLY want them.

I have had the wheel hubs shaved like this before. It's hard to find a shop willing to do it for fear of liability, but when you do, it's and easy job for them and not expensive.

You just can't take too much off because there usually isn't a lot of depth between the wheel hub face and where the wheel bolts seat. In my case, I think I was able to get something like 5mm off, which is really not that much.

Yeah looks like this isn't an option. Now that the stock tires are sold out everywhere I am back to trying to find a new 19/20 set to go with my near new tires on my current Savinis. Never thought this would be so hard!!! Nothing on this car is easy....

Yeah looks like this isn't an option. Now that the stock tires are sold out everywhere I am back to trying to find a new 19/20 set to go with my near new tires on my current Savinis. Never thought this would be so hard!!! Nothing on this car is easy....

Did you look into the tire brokers and/or shipping from Europe? It will cost more, but new wheels are not cheap either.

Definitely be careful with shaving the backpad. The max we'll ever do is about 3-4mm. Most wheels, at least from the aftermarket side, leave about 3-4mm of backpad that is safe to remove.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly I don't remember (and way too lazy to go through files to find it) but there was enough material on the wheels to remove a little. The hardest part was getting a narrow adapter that had enough rigidity to work, I want to say it was 12mm thick. The wheels look badass, but not worth the effort unless you REALLY want them.

Whiteout - why do you first shave the wheel down (to raise it's offset), but then add a spacer to put it back out? The word 'adapter' for wheels usually means an instrument to change the bolt pattern, but that's not necessary since Murcielago and Aventador are both 5x120. Please explain.

Thanks

Whiteout - why do you first shave the wheel down (to raise it's offset), but then add a spacer to put it back out? The word 'adapter' for wheels usually means an instrument to change the bolt pattern, but that's not necessary since Murcielago and Aventador are both 5x120. Please explain.

Thanks

Murci is 5x120 all around.

Aventador front: 5x112 | Aventador rear: 5x120

The front wheels need adapters and the offset difference in the rear requires big wheel spacers to have the proper offset.

Different bolt patterns front/rear? That's a first.

Given how low the Aventador front wheel offset is, I don't see how anyone could shave the hub, and add an adaptor - and they'd still fit on a Murcielago. I realize that the image of the front wheels on the Murcielago that you show, is of the vehicle off of the springs/load - so the wheels will actually come back in a bit once under the weight of the vehicle. But even so, I don't see how the tires could ultimately come inside, or even flush with the fender lip after the aforementioned hub reduction and addition of an adaptor.

Thanks for the information, as well as the great pix. Very informative. However, please explain if you've seen any vehicles (Murcielago, Diablo) that have successfully completed this swap.

I haven't seen it done, it might go flush, but I bet there would be some poke (might look ok.)

Best options if you really want Aventador wheels: go widebody or buy a Gallardo/Huracan and put the wheels on that car.