Water Condensation

supra808

Hello. I just acquired a 2014 AV roadster and noticed water condensation inside headlights after washing the car. Can this be covered under factory warranty and have dealer replace the headlights? thanks

There has to be a opening somewhere. I'd have a tech check it out use some silicon sealant. That will not only adsorb any moisture but also keep the units sealed up. I'd talk to your dealer....seems like a warranty covered item.

Is this a common occurrence on Aventadors

Are you in Hawaii? I ask because of the (808) and I know we had two AV Roadsters for sale recently on the island. I know we get a low of rain and humidity here and I would reach out to 2Rsky here on the forum and ask him. I know he used to own a Roadster but now has an SV. If you have humidity inside, it means that they are not fully sealed. You could either have the headlight compromised or a bad seal where the bulbs are inserted.

Hello Doc_K Yes I'm in Hawaii. I just picked up the yellow 2014 roadster from Jnexotics. But I'm on big island, kona. I've seen 2Rsky's vids. Awesome vids. I also have a 97 single turbo supra :)

Since I'm in Kona, I really can't take the car into service. Hopefully, they will take my word and send me a new headlight, and I just send them back my old one. Does the front bumper have to come off to replace the headlight? Hopefully, it is something I can do on my own in garage.

Are you in Hawaii? I ask because of the (808) and I know we had two AV Roadsters for sale recently on the island. I know we get a low of rain and humidity here and I would reach out to 2Rsky here on the forum and ask him. I know he used to own a Roadster but now has an SV. If you have humidity inside, it means that they are not fully sealed. You could either have the headlight compromised or a bad seal where the bulbs are inserted.

From pass and present experiences, the original Gallardo series (pre-LP560) had some condensation issues with the taillights. Those were replaced under warranty. IIRC, from 2009 onward, I haven't come across any Lambos --- LP5x0's, LP6x0's & Aventadors that had the described issue. No idea on the Huracans and I don't have enough experience on them but I haven't heard any complaint either.