Aventador V10 + DCT

Fortis

V10  

41 members have voted

1. 1. V10

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

It might sound a little harsh on Lambo, but if Ferrari can fit a DCT + V12 + batteries + electric motors + inboard suspension on a car then they need to find a way to at least do the V12 + DCT. It's clearly possible and only not done due to the cost of having to remake the carbon cell to make room. I think we can expect it for the Avy replacement.

Packaging is just an excuse, I am sure of it. Cost is the issue.

Perhaps a topic worthy of Wheel's World LOL but here we go.

As the title says, how would you guys and girls feel if Lamborghini used the Huracan V10 running gear in the Aventador?

I know many here including myself would love to see a DCT in an Aventador but due to packaging issues that isn't possible, one way to make room is to drop two cylinders :shock:

Also in terms of pricing they could slot it above the Performante and under the Aventador S.

I am really curious to hear your thoughts, pros and cons.

No way either us would pay the delta for a vehicle sharing drivetrains with the R8 and Huracan.

NA V112 with the single plate clutch has a character no other car has. Nothing feels like the big bulls... Countach, Diablo, Murci, Avent.. they have a character. I swapped a buddy for his 599 on a windy back road.. after 5 minutes I wanted to switch back and he wanted to buy my Murci. The Huracan is a great techno car like the 911, McLaren etc. But the big V12 Lambos are a hypercar statement. I honestly couldn't give a shit about millisecond shift speeds and track times... for those guys there are a million options. Heck a tuned GTR will roast everything in that department. If anything (in my opinion of course) they should make an Avent with a manual trans, stripped out cockpit (no nav and tft) but that will never happen

Yes, "techno car" is a good term for the dual clutch cars. It feels a little disconnected to drive. The avvy in corsa mode is pure bliss and the shift times are on par with dct cars. I love the car.

Someone here said the avvy is too big. I disagree. I think its size adds to the awesome presence of the car. The gallardo always felt too small for me. With the Aventador I feel they got it right. It has to be that wide and long to have that distinct look.

Putting an Aventador shell on a Huracan would be pointless. They are different cars altogether and need to feel different from each other.

I'm mildly excited to see what Lamborghini comes up with for its successor, but whatever it is I have a feeling nothing's ever gonna look quite as perfect as what they achieved with the Aventador.

No way either us would pay the delta for a vehicle sharing drivetrains with the R8 and Huracan.

Some might if it gets them in an Aventador, it will come down to price point.

Yes, "techno car" is a good term for the dual clutch cars. It feels a little disconnected to drive. The avvy in corsa mode is pure bliss and the shift times are on par with dct cars. I love the car.

Someone here said the avvy is too big. I disagree. I think its size adds to the awesome presence of the car. The gallardo always felt too small for me. With the Aventador I feel they got it right. It has to be that wide and long to have that distinct look.

Putting an Aventador shell on a Huracan would be pointless. They are different cars altogether and need to feel different from each other.

I'm mildly excited to see what Lamborghini comes up with for its successor, but whatever it is I have a feeling nothing's ever gonna look quite as perfect as what they achieved with the Aventador.

I agree with you the Aventador doesn't feel big and the car is stunning from every angle. Lambo nailed it, unlike you I have high hopes for the design of the replacement, Lamborghini tends to nail that brief quite well.

I agree with you the Aventador doesn't feel big and the car is stunning from every angle. Lambo nailed it, unlike you I have high hopes for the design of the replacement, Lamborghini tends to nail that brief quite well.

The thing about design is that it is ever changing and always subjective. I personally like the designs of last decade...Murcie, 430, CGT. Lamborghini has always been at the cutting edge of design advancement with its own unique style. I'm sure the successor will be avant-garde. But yes, sadly, to continue an NA engine will be difficult in the next generation.

With the Urus development of a TT engine and hybrid technology, they'll be pumping out even more cars and more designs ala McLaren.

The thing about design is that it is ever changing and always subjective. I personally like the designs of last decade...Murcie, 430, CGT. Lamborghini has always been at the cutting edge of design advancement with its own unique style. I'm sure the successor will be avant-garde. But yes, sadly, to continue an NA engine will be difficult in the next generation.

With the Urus development of a TT engine and hybrid technology, they'll be pumping out even more cars and more designs ala McLaren.

When the Aventador was unveiled I was floored. I have never been so positively surprised by the design of a car ever.

While I am very optimistic that Lamborghini will hit it out of the park again, it's just hard to envision how. I thought the SV and S were a step back design wise. The SV has too much stuff going on, including a pretty overstated rear wing, and with the S they messed up the beautiful rear. I do like the front of both the SV and S, though.

The murcielago never looked quite right to me, and I could never get used to the nose of the gallardo (which was similar). Somehow the murcielago felt too long, and a little featureless. Loved the 430, but liked the back of the 360 better. The cgt was beautiful except the interior. In fact the only Porsche I could ever like (before the 918 came along). Yes, it's all subjective :) very subjective.