Bentley CGT vs MB CL65

TheLimey

Bentley CGT vs MB CL65  

147 members have voted

1. 1.

• Bentley CGT
    • MB CL65

yeah.....i remember every MB i saw in miami on a saturday night was either a 55 or 65 AMG.......damn MN.....!

They have good taste in Miami......too :mrgreen: .

Monaco

BodyGuards

Bentley! That benz would probably drive by and I wouldnt even notice or pay any attention, on the other hand the continental gt is just beautiful :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the European launch for the GTC, a cocktail party at the Hotel Monte Carlo Bay, last night.

The car looks really really great live. Go for it.

Monaco

BodyGuards

The outside of the CGT doesnt do too much for me, but the interior is to die for, and the motor must be amazing.

I just bought the CL65 and I test drove the Bentley (yes, sweet interior, but slower than the CL65). Basically, the question is whether you take the price into account. The CL65s are selling for A LOT less right now, so I'm not sure if a price independent comparison can be valid.

CL65 without hessitation

It looks more sexy.

The GT looks to fat

I'd get the Bentley simply for the reputation. Anyone has a Benz, and they are seen daily. Why not give urself the priviledge of saying "I own a Bentley" ?

I mean, the prestige of having one is the ultimate motivation for anyone. And there's nothing wrong with that. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Mercedes, looks better.

A kid around here where i live has one. YES a kid, around my age(20). So sexy, i love the amg wheels they look perfect on his black cl65.

Lucky enough to drive both cars.Tough choice.Both are unbelievable autos. If I had to make a choice I would go with the Bentley because the Cl 65 has horrible resale value!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just traded the BGT for the Gallardo because I did not like the way it drove. It really drives poorly, especially compared to my old CL55. The CL's are good cars. I lapped mine at Sebring one day, all day and hung with Porsche TT's, Vipers and a Plastic mess-06.

The new CL will be out in the Fall so I would not consider getting one now and getting stuck with an old body style, even though they are giving them away.

The Bentley has one of the best interiors in any car, ever, but does not drive very well. Too big and heavy yet jerky somehow. The CL is the best car you will never notice, which sometimes is really nice.

• 8 months later...

Got the B-GT 06 its fabulous and Bentley don't make an a Class or any models with plastic door handles ala 'C ' class.

Flying B far more classy than the 3 pointed star.

Car goes like the stink and doesn't shred tyres like mates CL55, BGT can cope in snow and does n't have nannying traction control interfering all the time because of oversized braun and lack of ability to put it down, Merc went from sensible to childish macho power with out aptitude games.

You would not see Porsche stick 500+ BHP in cars that can't put it down, far more to car dynamics than engine power!

Merc lost its way, its clear to see, they bought Chrysler remember. Quality is poor and UK service levels worst in industry.

Non contest for me.