Lamborghini boss: More Aventador variants to come, natural aspiration to stay

sl55

I dont think that lightweight is possible even with full carbon unibody but anything less than 1500kg will feel super light in that size car and engine even sub 1600 would be pretty good especially with ALA and all wheel steering.

Even with my humble design I have dropped weight in many cases 1/10 or 1/9 from original with carbon and carbon sandwitch core stuff.

But they are already quite light in that matter because I think about fifth of the car is already carbon and rest is aluminium. But carbon is not suitable for everything, engine still needs to be alloy and interior needs some cushions etc...

You are correct it would be very hard to drop that much weight, 4WD system is heavy, also all the safety regs add lots of weight :(

Ok new goal 1500 kg wet 900 HP, DCT :icon_mrgreen:

I have a fair amount of time (including tracking) with the Aventador and for me what I love is the single clutch feel. As LV mentioned, a lot of DCT cars are too smooth for my liking. For me when I'm driving that type of car I like a perpetual state of aggression from the car, it keeps me awake and engaged. You can't take the car for granted and have to keep a respect for it. I do know that the ISR has had the savagery toned down, especially from the 2012 Aventadors, but that element reminds me of the Lambo's of old in feeling and experience. Plus with the ISR being able to shift just as fast as a DCT (like .002 milliseconds slower) and save weight while delivering old school driving feel in a modern way, it makes the Aventador stand out even more from the crowd. My feeling is when the DCT comes to the replacement people might be begging to get the ISR back...I think it's greatly under-appreciated in it's time. Glad on my small soap box I have at least 1 friend with me :icon_mrgreen:

I agree, when the DCT comes to the V12 let's see how they execute it...it'll be interesting for sure. But it's all personal preference. :eusa_dance:

You remind me of the Manual tranny guys :icon_mrgreen:

Ok please do me and yourself a favor go drive a Performante in anger in Corsa, come back and tell me if the DCT box isn't savage enough for you or if it doesn't make you feel the way you described it above:

"I like a perpetual state of aggression from the car, it keeps me awake and engaged."

I doubt you will come back complaining about the DCT, HIGHLY doubt !

Challenge accepted? :icon_mrgreen:

You remind me of the Manual tranny guys :icon_mrgreen:

Ok please do me and yourself a favor go drive a Performante in anger in Corsa, come back and tell me if the DCT box isn't savage enough for you or if it doesn't make you feel the way you described it above:

"I like a perpetual state of aggression from the car, it keeps me awake and engaged."

I doubt you will come back complaining about the DCT, HIGHLY doubt !

Challenge accepted? :icon_mrgreen:

a213.jpeg

Challenege Happily Accepted :icon_mrgreen:

I was supposed to thrash the Performante around Thermal a few weeks ago but couldn't make it due to a business trip :crybaby2: I do want to see how the Perfomante feels vs the standard Huracan. The Hurcan is a great machine, though the DCT is too soft for me compared to the V12. I do hope the Performante's DCT is dialed up a bit more because the V10 sounds great and it's a shame to subdue the aggression for more cozy cruising :eusa_dance: