Another Lotus tidbit....

Allan-Herbie

I know you guys couldnt wait for more Lotus info! :lol:

Got my wastegates changed today, and i know why people cant get the Lotus to make that much more power. The Turbos die. Now i can get the boost to go up higher, but it still comes down. We finally figured out, that the power loss occurs after 6,000 rpm, and ive been shifting around 7K. I can tell it is a little quicker now though, but what we really need is bigger turbos and intercoolers. Alex, can you hear me!!!!!!!!! :axe: :axe: :lol: :lol:

must have some tiny turbo's if its running out of breath already. isn't the lotus a 3.9 v8? ah just tell him to get ya some t3/t4's or if u want a 700+ hp get twin t60's.

I know you guys couldnt wait for more Lotus info! :lol:

Got my wastegates changed today, and i know why people cant get the Lotus to make that much more power. The Turbos die. Now i can get the boost to go up higher, but it still comes down. We finally figured out, that the power loss occurs after 6,000 rpm, and ive been shifting around 7K. I can tell it is a little quicker now though, but what we really need is bigger turbos and intercoolers. Alex, can you hear me!!!!!!!!! :axe: :axe: :lol: :lol:

Bigger tubos and intercoolers??

Allan, there is a shop in the Bay area that I was working with on bigger turbos. The shop is ATP:

http://www.atpturbo.com/

The turbo I was planning to get for my Sport 350 was the Garrett GT28RS. It will do the trick. I checked it out. Can you see the boost maps on their website. It "should" bolt upto the manifold OK. However, you will need to run custom oil cooling lines and exhaust to it....which is not a big deal. This will be good for upto about 1.5 bar of boost.

Intercoolers? Lotus PBC has a nice setup. You can buy the kit directly from them, and have SP install them.

See: LotusPBC.com.

Good Luck. Let me know if I can help.

how many bar of boost are you getting allan? if i may ask?

How many bar? :lol: None! We actually backed the boost down to stock level, but now it pretty much holds it. It hits a peak of about 13psi, but backs off to about 11psi immediately. I was trying to run 1 bar, but once we put the new spring in, the turbos just felt like they were completely petering out.

The V8's come with Garrett T25's. It's a 3.5 V8. And definitely, if you want anything over 1.0 boost, you'll need to start looking at bigger turbos. Furthermore, once you do start getting into anything over 1.5 BAR, you also will need those Intercoolers and even changing out your pistons for Forged ones. Those Charge-coolers do make a difference though. An Esprit pumping anything over 450-475 BHP should do some amazing numbers. The best performance will definitely be in 2nd and 4th gears. Together with a much more experienced driver, we "soundly" were able to get 0-60 in 4.04, and that's just with the Lotus Factory High-Torque ECU option, K&N's and Hyperflow exhaust... and that's also including Cautious shifting/driving. THis was achieved with 2 passengers in the car, one of them controlling the G-Tech Box. With the Race ECU, you should definitely be able to get under 4.0 without a second thought. This was also before I had my Gear box Blueprinted.

BTW, when could we expect the Esprit in Makes & Models?? Man, how do you get these hook-ups, here I am driving, testing and upgrading my Esprit, and the only attention I get is from innocent bystanders :notworthy

yea allans car spools so quick he actually gets a little jump on me when we race from a 40 roll. :(

The V8's come with Garrett T25's.  It's a 3.5 V8.  And definitely, if you want anything over 1.0 boost, you'll need to start looking at bigger turbos.  Furthermore, once you do start getting into anything over 1.5 BAR, you also will need those Intercoolers and even changing out your pistons for Forged ones.  Those Charge-coolers do make a difference though.  An Esprit pumping anything over 450-475 BHP should do some amazing numbers.  The best performance will definitely be in 2nd and 4th gears.  Together with a much more experienced driver, we "soundly" were able to get 0-60 in 4.04, and that's just with the Lotus Factory High-Torque ECU option, K&N's and Hyperflow exhaust... and that's also including Cautious shifting/driving.  THis was achieved with 2 passengers in the car, one of them controlling the G-Tech Box.  With the Race ECU, you should definitely be able to get under 4.0 without a second thought.  This was also before I had my Gear box Blueprinted.

BTW, when could we expect the Esprit in Makes & Models??  Man, how do you get these hook-ups, here I am driving, testing and upgrading my Esprit, and the only attention I get is from innocent bystanders   :notworthy

thanks for the detailed info, i've got t28 turbos on my noble and it's running at 1.2Bar boost as opposed to it's 0.85Bar from the factory :mrgreen: