GPF filter

junc

Has anyone heard if the 2020 Urus is going to have the GPF filter ? Its required in Europe I believe for 2020 models but not in the US. Hoping that they won't have it for my 2020 thats arriving in the fall. It muffles the exhaust and also reduces engine power. 

Main issue is actually they don’t allow the valves to open at low rpm so back to old days of no sound until you go fast or hard. 

I’m getting valve controller to override for SVJ, no real difference in sound with valves open assume it bypasses it at that point 

Ok I didn’t know that it is bypassed when valves are open. Thats weird that it would bypass so it defeats the whole purpose of  having it if all you need to do is go above certain rpms. Is that just an US feature since it’s not required in the states?

if that’s the case then valve controller sounds like a necessity. 

I don’t know if that’s the case, just usually the secondary cats get bypassed when valves are open so assumed the same for the new filter which is about city use. 

I have a Euro car old one and brand new one, just saying there is no discernible difference in sound with valves open if anything new one is probably louder but they will no longer allow the software to open them all the time and it’s very quiet at low rpm. Service guy said it was he new filter making it quieter and the reason they won’t do the sound software anymore 

• 5 months later...

Took delivery of a 2020 Urus and as far as I can tell it doesnt have the GPF. It has an akrapovic exhaust on it and it sounds great but I am still in break in period so havent stomped on it. 

03938F6A-D843-462A-8723-0D48348D93DE.jpeg

8008CACE-017A-4A06-A840-DF2E9D5937B6.jpeg

• 5 months later...

How do I know if my 2020 car has a GPF Filter? 

When I put it in corsa mode, the valves are not open yet. The car just idles louder because the RPM's are raised. 

Only when I go above 4500 rpms is when the valves truly open.