HARD START /ERRATIC IDLE ON COLD START????

VIPERRACING

Hello was wondering if anyone has had this issue? Car has a hard time firing up ONLY on cold starts then idles up & down(30-45sec)until, which I believe, the 02’s take over.  After that car is totally fine when up to temp. No issues after it’s warmed up.  Car still has same issue but not as bad in warmer summer temps. I pulled off the intake tubes and manually shut the blades down and the car will fire right up. 1st gen gallardo.  No warning lights ever. Any help appreciated.

Seems simple, but how is the action on the throttle bodies?  These cars don't have separate idle air circuits, so a slight sticking of the t/b will do exactly what you're describing.

They Seem to be fine. I’m thinking it has something to do with a temp sensor being that it doesn’t have any issues after it’s up to temp and it’s less harsh when it’s warmer out on initial start up. Like I said before, if I close the throttle blades manually it’ll fire right up. It’s like the blades are opened up a bit too much on initial start up but the colder it is the worse it is so temp has something to do with it. My tuner can’t seem to figure it out either. It’s not like it’s a do or die situation but it’s more annoying then anything. Also no check engine lights either. 

On 5/6/2020 at 10:50 AM, emanon said:

Seems simple, but how is the action on the throttle bodies?  These cars don't have separate idle air circuits, so a slight sticking of the t/b will do exactly what you're describing.

Thoughts ??

Could be intake air temp sensor... easy way would be to get a scan tool hooked up and see what the sensor is reading.  Will be very easy to tell if it's way out of the reasonable range or not.

• 1 year later...