LOL, you domestic driving sluts will love this I bet...

Mako

"While each of the 12 cars planned will be coach-built to customer specs, you can expect a 600-hp, 8.8-liter V8 with aluminum block and heads, steel crank, forged everything, as well as modern niceties like rack-and-pinion steering, Viper-based rear end, gigantic Baer brakes and a five-speed manual gearbox. As Shorr, ever the promoter, says, “It’s the real deal."

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103003

:lol: :lol:

8.8l and ONLY 600hp.....I don't get it. Technology has come to far to throw that size an engine and only get that level of HP. Mind you they may have toned it down for the general public, and most likely has way more potential. I mean, a viper has 8.3 and only 500hp ("only" is relative here I guess)...but if I am going to pay "substantially more then 100k" for a camaro, it bet have some sort of forced induction.

Not sure I like the look though.

8.8l and ONLY 600hp.....I don't get it.  Technology has come to far to throw that size an engine and only get that level of HP.  Mind you they may have toned it down for the general public, and most likely has way more potential.  I mean, a viper has 8.3 and only 500hp ("only" is relative here I guess)...but if I am going to pay "substantially more then 100k" for a camaro, it bet have some sort of forced induction.

Not sure I like the look though.

its all about the power under the curve....id hate a motor that only makes 100 hp at 4000rpm and finally gets the turbo spooled at peak rpm....but like others have said i wouldnt pay over 100,000 for that camaro.

I agree with the power curve comment, and I am sure there will be a TON of TQ. But I just think if you look at the displacement level vs HP totals, it doesn't seem to equal out. Given modern technology, this engine with a decent set of cams and heads could do SOOO much more, while still having a nice curve.

Ya, and 800hp supras or even 200hp s2000's don't do anything for me. I hate riding them out to get any sort of enjoyment outta them.

Looks like it would have a great front wheel turning ratio... if it can even turn at all

](*,) moon3

8.8l and ONLY 600hp.....

It is kind of funny. I know Shep has a lot of money tied up in his (estimated) 1200hp DSM (2.0 4cyl), but that's like this motor making over 5000hp... So, this 8.8 has some potential left ;)

Atleast it will not be a production.

600hp is good enough for me but not in a car like that.