Rode in a buddys new Maserati today , Pics and video !

Lamborghinikid

Rode in a buddy's new maserati today and it was a great ride . The E gear was smooth and the car had good power and handled nice. Here are some pics before the drive. Enjoy !

I have a short video before the drive as well if i can get it to upload.

picq2yx.jpg

152jo.jpg

192ll.jpg

201zb.jpg

pic69gz.jpg

pic53ad.jpg

cool i saw one 2 weeks ago same color here on maui. car looked neat and i wanted to see it better but i was in the work vehicle. whats the specs/performance numbers on the car.

on a side note allan if you see this who is the owner of the yellow esprit here in town i saw last night. a friend said it was at the harley dealership. :partyman:

Is that the Gransport version? Because that seems like it would be an awesome car to have- something quite unique. Man, you gotta love Maserati- kinda the underdog. :supz:

I liked the car enough to buy. Spider, cambiocorsa, loaded. Then I disliked it enough after nine months that Ferrari N.A. bought it back from me.

Hmm, what was wrong with it Abolfaz?

I honestly don't believe someone can hate a car so much that they made the manufacture buy it back from them. Unless of course it was defective.

Unless of course it was defective.

I had the car for 9 months during which it sat at the dealer for 72 days, after which none of the issues the car had were resolved. I was the cars biggest fan until the dealer told me that FNA had no manuals on the car, there was no training for the techs on the problems that my car had and that my car was the one they were learning on. I started the lemon law process and before the car was branded a lemon on title, FNA bought the car back from me. I was later told that they were buying one in three cars back.

I think the car had lots of promise, but was lacking in many areas, mainly handling, it was way too spongey. It was quick though.

I trust that car as far as I can throw it. Every story, literally every single owner I've talked to, besides Jim G, despised it due to a horrid lack of reliability.

Anyone buying a Maser thinging it's going to be an SL-like runabout will be sorely disappointed. If you go into it thinking it's like a 360, or other highly tempermental F-car, then you're fine.

And the sedan apparantly is no better. Same nightmare stories.

I see Abolfaz, you definetly did the right thing. I would not have wanted the car either. I know one person that has a Maser, they don't drive it daily, but it seems to be pretty realibe, but as you said most owners have them as garage queens. That is a shame, hopefully as volume increases for Maserati they will resolve these issues, many people do really look into driving these cars daily. It is sad that they can't for the amount of money they pay for them!

What timing! I got home today to find a large fedex envelope, can anybody guess whats inside? A letter from Maserati North America thanking my for my "business and continued support of this exceptional brand" :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

They're giving me till the end of October the go get the best deal possible on a new Maserati and once I've done that, they will give me a check for $10k towards the purchase of the car! And the letter is signed personally by Jim Selwa President of Maserati North America!

Here's the sad part, tomorrow afternoon I'll be driving my A8L to my Maserati dealer and see what kind of deal I can get on a quatroporte.... :x

Nice to see you don't hold grudges. I think you will have good luck with the Quadroportte. Honestly your story with the Cambiocorsa has been the first one I have heard that was that bad. Hopefully you will have better luck with this one!

Make sure to get full wood packae, and 19's :) :mrgreen:

Nice to see you don't hold grudges.

Honestly your story with the Cambiocorsa has been the first one I have heard that was that bad.

I don't hold grudges, the quatroporte is hot, I'm sure it's a P.O.S. as well, but it looks great. As far as the spider goes, everybody I have ever met has had problems with their cars. The owner of Prestige Imports took one in on trade only to have it sit at the dealer for four months to get the bugs out.

I almost bought a Quattroporte, but decided on the Rolls-Royce Phantom instead. I love the 'porte, great looks and luxury features.

-Ben

I almost bought a Quattroporte, but decided on the Rolls-Royce Phantom instead. I love the 'porte, great looks and luxury features.

-Ben

Do you sell warranties for Maserati's? What kind of feedback have you gotten?

I really like the wood steering wheel option. The wood all the way around seems like a nice change, compared to the normal 3 section wood wheel you get in most luxury cars.

Beautiful car, I hadnt really heard much about them until this thread. Good to know..

I really like the wood steering wheel option. The wood all the way around seems like a nice change, compared to the normal 3 section wood wheel you get in most luxury cars.

a wood wheel? doesnt that belong on a boat? :lol:

What timing!  I got home today to find a large fedex envelope, can anybody guess whats inside?  A letter from Maserati North America thanking my for my "business and continued support of this exceptional brand"  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  :roll:  

They're giving me till the end of October the go get the best deal possible on a new Maserati and once I've done that, they will give me a check for $10k towards the purchase of the car!  And the letter is signed personally by Jim Selwa President of Maserati North America!

Here's the sad part, tomorrow afternoon I'll be driving my A8L to my Maserati dealer and see what kind of deal I can get on a quatroporte.... :x

so whats the scoop? did you get a good deal on that quattroporte?

any plans to make this idea a reality?

I love the looks of that car. Just looks stunning.

so whats the scoop? did you get a good deal on that quattroporte?  

any plans to make this idea a reality?  

I love the looks of that car. Just looks stunning.

I'm in the middle of moving 30,000 sqft worth of two factories into one 50,000 sqft facility for the next ten days which leaves me no time to do anything other than work like a mule during the day. As soon as I'm done, I'll run over to the dealer and see what they can do for me.

Do you sell warranties for Maserati's? What kind of feedback have you gotten?

Yes, we sell warranties for all Maserati's. The new ones that are out are just coming out of factory warranty so we'll see how they hold up after. We of course dont pay any claims while the vehicle is under factory warranty.

-Ben